The word in the Spanish press....

Craig

.....is that the offer on the table for Owen IS £18m AND........

there's already a £13m bid on the table for Kuyt!!

And the word is that everyone in Spain is advising Owen to make the move to Tyneside rather than Merseyside.

Source? A text message from our good friend Shearergol who's currently on holiday out there!

If the claim was just coming from NUFC then I'd see where you're coming from Ritchie but Real have confirmed we've made the bid. I think the money is there and the very reason we haven't been 'flashing the cash' this summer is because they've been putting it to one side for a ridiculously high bid like this!

If the claim was just coming from NUFC then I'd see where you're coming from Ritchie but Real have confirmed we've made the bid. I think the money is there and the very reason we haven't been 'flashing the cash' this summer is because they've been putting it to one side for a ridiculously high bid like this!

20340[/snapback]

But its easy to put in a bid of any sort if you don`t expect the transfer to go through. Looks good on paper to us supporters but i question if they are prepared to or actually expect to have to spend the money.

I hope i am "pleasantly surprised".

Lets face it - it's going to take a helluva lot to win over the fans again after the utter shit that Souness has served up so far.

20355[/snapback]

Am i the only one who cant wait for the transfer window to close?..of corse i hope we sign a quality striker or 3 but its starting to do my head in all the speculation etc

and hearing/reading the names Boa Morte and Anelka now really stress me out B)

And the word is that everyone in Spain is advising Owen to make the move to Tyneside rather than Merseyside.

Source? A text message from our good friend Shearergol who's currently on holiday out there!

20326[/snapback]

Craig, do you know the name of the paper/magazine he got this from? From my time there I'd say there are 40% excellent ones, and 60% are crap.

20326[/snapback]

Craig, do you know the name of the paper/magazine he got this from? From my time there I'd say there are 40% excellent ones, and 60% are crap.

20440[/snapback]

You know he got it from the crap ones B)

------------------------------------Owen--Kuyt----------------------------------

----------------------------------------Luque------------------------------------

-------------------------Emre-------------------------Dyer---------------------

----------------------------------------Parker------------------------------------

Imagine that f**king front 6!

------------------------------------Owen--Kuyt----------------------------------

----------------------------------------Luque------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Parker------------------------------------

20444[/snapback]

Would you not rather Bellamy and Robert? B)

20326[/snapback]

20440[/snapback]

Dunno mate, and as it's one in the morning over there, I think I'll leave it til tomorrow to find out! B)

20444[/snapback]

Maybe GS ain't as stupid as some here think......

How many people here had honestly heard of Emre and Luque before they came here?

i had heard of emre from when he was at inter and i had heard of luque,you only have to watch a few international games to spot how good these players,how can you not of heard of emre he a world star and so has luque over the last year or two,luque is being tipped better and better every season were as emre has been a well known turkish international for years he is like our david beckham!

20444[/snapback]

Maybe GS ain't as stupid as some here think......

How many people here had honestly heard of Emre and Luque before they came here?

20508[/snapback]

me

Well an update from our friend in Spain last night via text:

Owen and Kuyt WILL sign!

Normally I wouldn't take this too seriously but knowing how much he's pissed himself laughing all summer everytime the words 'Owen' and 'Newcastle' have been mentioned in the same sentence, it does make me wonder....

Guess we'll know within 60 hours.....

He'd need his head seeing to if he joins this car crash, but god I hope it's true. If we do buy him for £18 million, my worry is after a season Liverpool will get some cash/need a striker, he becomes unsettled and we have to sell him for £8 milliom.

Well an update from our friend in Spain last night via text:

Owen and Kuyt WILL sign!

Normally I wouldn't take this too seriously but knowing how much he's pissed himself laughing all summer everytime the words 'Owen' and 'Newcastle' have been mentioned in the same sentence, it does make me wonder....

Guess we'll know within 60 hours.....

20998[/snapback]

Sorry but I'm not taking this as gospel just because he's on holiday in Spain. People in Spain know as much as we do, ie. fuck all. :blink:

Having said that I sincerely hope I'm left with egg on my face after saying this.