Martins - £10mil

Sibierski - peanuts

Subs

Harper - peanuts

Edgar - Youth team

O'Brien - Youth team

Carroll - Youth team

Troisi - Youth team

The same team, give or take a player that drew against man u, took chelsea all the way twice, shit on spurs yesterday etc. etc.

I for one wouldnt mind if the likes of Carr, Babayaro, Duff, Parker, Bramble, Moore didnt get back in the team again cos they are being outplayed at the minute.

Left wing was ineffective yesterday though, so hopefully Zog or Duff will be fit soon.

Definately Zog. Duff looks like a waste of £5million at the minute. Emre is a funny one at the minute. Been in the best form so far before xmas but hes also starting to act like a bit of the heed the ball every time someone dares to tackle him. Too many newspaper quotes, arguing with refs, feigning injuries for my liking.

Left wing was ineffective yesterday though, so hopefully Zog or Duff will be fit soon.

So was the right wing.

Hmm, i beg to differ. Most of our play, infact all of our attacking play, progressed down the right-flank, adn we scored three goals. Milner's crossing wasn't great, but it was his free-kick that led to Huntington's goal. (I think).

So was the right wing.

Bot off dickhead. Milner has been one of our best players for months now.

saying it twice doesnt make it anymore true

So was the right wing.

I'm hoping he's on the windup. I'm by no means a fan of Milner, but he's been quality this season.

So was the right wing.

I'm hoping he's on the windup. I'm by no means a fan of Milner, but he's been quality this season.

No wind up. If your definition of 'quality' is Milner's performances this season then I can only assume you didnt see Solano, Ginola, Robert etc in their prime.

The only similarity between the players above and Milner is that they all have 2 legs. He is still nowhere near the level of performance of a young Keith Gillespie.

Not good enough. Nowhere near in fact.

Sorry to upset the applecart on this one but its been obvious to see for too long now that the kid isnt up to the level we should be aspiring to be at. His performance yesterday was abysmal by the way. His crossing was indicative of his time at Newcastle. He is young but he should have learnt the basics by now.

First Milner gets treated appallingly on deadline day, and there's still fans who are mistreating him too also, after how well he's been playing.

Can't understand why gram doesn't attack anyone else.

I do. Mostly those players not good enough. If they dont have the talent for the job then they shouldnt be here unless its a short term fix.

Ramage, Milner etc will never be good enough. Still very dubious about Taylor but he is a level above those two.

Good for you if you rate him that highly but I have seen many a kid come and go from Newcastle and he simply doesnt have it.

I'll be surprised and moreover very disappointed if he is in the first team in the 2007/8 season as anything other than a stopgap. There is a good reason he was farmed out. Remember that.

Edited by gram

So was the right wing.

No wind up. If your definition of 'quality' is Milner's performances this season then I can only assume you didnt see Solano, Ginola, Robert etc in their prime.

The only similarity between the players above and Milner is that they all have 2 legs. He is still nowhere near the level of performance of a young Keith Gillespie.

Sorry to upset the applecart on this one but its been obvious to see for too long now that the kid isnt up to the level we should be aspiring to be at. His performance yesterday was abysmal by the way. His crossing was indicative of his time at Newcastle. He is young but he should have learnt the basics by now.

The lad worked very hard defensively and put an excellent left footed cross in from the right that could have easily been a goal if it was anybody else than Pattison at the far post. If a winger puts in at least one exceptional, potentially matchwinning cross and spends most of his time helping out a makeshift defense to ensure we get the three points you can't say he didn't put in at least an ok performance..

So Ramage and Milner aren't good enough but Luque is? Aren't you even pleased the formers work their balls off, whereas the latter is just a lazy mercenary?

Who said anything about Luque?

He doesnt play. Rightly so. I get tired of kids harping on about players 'working their balls off' when a decent player does that AND has talent. Nobody denies that they try hard. However, they simply dont have the talent or the pace to cope. We should have better and yesterday was just another example of why that is the case.

If you cant see that then unlucky. :lol:

So was the right wing.

The lad worked very hard defensively and put an excellent left footed cross in from the right that could have easily been a goal if it was anybody else than Pattison at the far post. If a winger puts in at least one exceptional, potentially matchwinning cross and spends most of his time helping out a makeshift defense to ensure we get the three points you can't say he didn't put in at least an ok performance..

I can see where you are coming from but putting one decent cross in(and it was very little better than that) out of the countless attempts he had is a very poor return in my book. Some of his passing crossing was amateur. Hardly the first time either is it?

So was the right wing.

:lol: who was so good man united let him come to us. He then managed one good game in 5, much like ginola and robert. I think you have been watching that barca video too many times.

I can see where you are coming from but putting one decent cross in(and it was very little better than that) out of the countless attempts he had is a very poor return in my book. Some of his passing crossing was amateur. Hardly the first time either is it?

No way that cross was just decent. He cut out his man feigning to play it right footed then put an excellent cross in with his weaker foot to completely put Pattison free to head on goal. I think we can all see Milner is no top drawer player. He lacks pace and technique for that level. The way his crossing has improved this season (he must be nearing double digits with assists, don't know the exact figures) and the way he's worked on left footed crosses proves that he is making good progress. He's still a young player with a lot to learn. He wasn't cheap, but the price tag wasn't his wrongdoing and we will get at least our money back if we do eventually decide to sell, so we can only be happy at the way he's contribued and showed progress..