Where is the strangest place.....?

skhwoody

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much a strange place but a strange encounter.

Was home on holiday and was looking for a shop at the Monument that seemed to have disappeared. Saw two young lads sitting on a seat and asked them if they knew the shop I was looking for.

During the conversation I knew I had seen one of them before but didn't know where so I told him I thought I recognised him from somewhere. He told me he was Steve Watson and played for Newcastle and that was probably where I knew him from.

NOT TRUE, when he said who he was I realised I had seen him on television in the States playing in Australia for England in a youth tournament. I had never seen him before at any other time but had seen him enough on the telly to know I knew his face.

Saw them all out at Sea before for the Xmas night out a couple of years ago, all looked like they were loving it apart from Robert stood there in the corner like a moody cunt. :lol:

Saw loads of them on nights out in various places, Stereo used to be the most popular on a Sunday like, all the fuckers would be there.

Saw Souness wearing some well dodgy suede jacket with Saunders out and about round Jesmond one night, can't remember where as I was fucked at the time.

Remember being stood behind Dyer once down Northumberland Street when both of us were queuing up to buy a Chronicle.

Was sat opposite to Shola once in Nando's as well.

I was back down in Manchester on business last summer and being on my todd grabbed a quick curry in Didsbury early doors. On the next table was sat Rio and his bird. I watched the tight arsed barsteward leave a £1 coin as a tip :lol:

The only player I seem to have seen outside a football stadium is Julio pissing Arca :lol:

I saw him last summer in the River Bar in Fatfield. Well, I say saw but the weedy git actually jumped the que at the bar and my cries of protest were drowned out by all his hangers on going "Hoooooolio, will ya buy 'iz a drink?".

I saw him again only a few weeks ago when he dashed into Makro at about five minutes before closing wanting a refund on something he'd bought. He left his big, black BMW 4x4 sitting right outside the doors with it's hazards on and kept sending his lass (Who looks about 14, by the way) to check it hadn't been twocked.

1982, was playing for a British over 35 team and there was one American playing for us. New Year was coming up and he invited the lads to a new year's eve party he was having at his house. Some of us went and lo and behold Mike Mahoney and his wife were there.

For them as don't know, Mick was in goal at Wembly when we lost to Man. City in the League Cup final.

The guy throwing the party had got to know Mahoney when Mick was playing for the California Surf in the then NASL, and this guy was a member of the team's Booster Club.

For those interested, Mahoney came to the States to play in the NASL and brought his wife, son, and daughter with him. Sadly his son died of leukemia while over here.

When his career was over he stayed and got a job driving a beer delivery truck. His daughter went to San Diego College to become a doctor, she finished her schooling at Bristol University while living with her grandmother and decided to stay in England.

Eventually Mahoney and his wife decided to return to England as they had no family here and by now their daughter was married and they had a grandchild.

Mick is now living in Bristol and working for the post office.

seen shola shopping with shay a while ago. seen pattison and OB in Blu Bambu several times!

pattison was sitting in the VIP area with champagne on ice with a group of skanky looking lasses and a few of his mates!

OB seemed like a nice lad

Why does that not surprise me. Total dogshit footballer with less than average women.

I'd swear to god he was Billy Askew's clone if only he wasn't 10 times as bad as Askew was.

Played poker with Keith O'Neill one night.

He mumbled 'what the f*ck am i supposed to do with 14 grand a week' all night.

Saw Keith Gillespie on his back after a lad's night out in Uno's years ago. He was necking red wine out of the bottle, collapsed and had to be taken home by Beardo.

Wyn Davies in Mark Toneys at the Haymarket, having a cup of tea.

Players knew how to live it up in those days, I did get his autograph though and he didn't set fire to any banknotes or tell me to fuck off.

Forgot, while waiting for my wife to get off the plane from London at Newcastle Airport. The first person off the plane was Warren Barton. I think it was the day of the watford game.

Also the bruv in law (Zico) went into Shearer's bar and saw the man himself. You will have to ask him what he said but that is just typical of him, fall in a puddle of shit and he would still come out smelling of roses.

Was behind Gary Speed in Birthdays(?) on Northumberland Street a few years back.

Sat behind Mart Poom on a flight from Gatwick to Toon.

Saw Cort, Bellamy and Maric outside Baja' once. It was the week after the 4-3 Man U win. Maric and Bellamy seemed pleasant fellas. Didnt talk to Cort.

I'm sure Mike Hooper was a doorman in Durham, Fighting Cocks I think it was.

Yeh he moves between Bar19 and the fighting cocks,

Funny as fuck first time i saw him there,

Fucking massive :lol:

pedro used to walk past our school in hexham and often pop in for a kick about in games,

steve watson and lee clark in ritzy yonks ago

shearer and ferres in the diamond getting pished

titus in tescos kingston park

david roache in the rvi we were both getting crutches for matching knee injurys

and gary speed last week at the big tescos in bolton, i had my toon top on and stopped him to sign it, LEGEND.FACT