New contract for Bramble

Jimbo

Terrible decision!! It was a no brainer decision!! Piss off Glenn you twat if you give that idiot another contract!!!! :lol::lol:

Taylor, Ramage, Hunty and even Moore and possibly now Edgar too are all far more worthy of a place as a Toon CB than Shambles!! The next calamity from him is only round the corner as soon as he starts playing for us again. I really can't stand to see him in our line up as he makes me very nervous and that no doubt rubs off o other players around him too!!! It really pisses me off to think he's going to get in the way of the progression of all our promising young defenders too!

Car and Luque are the two other 'no brainer decision' to get rid of. :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bad enough when were stuck with players we can't get rid of because they have a few years of their expensive contracts to run but we're renewing the contract on a player who's proved over a long period of time he isn't the answer.

Bramble is an outfield David James... FACTABUMBLISCIOUS!

David James is probably the best English player in his position (despite the odd blunder) for a start.

David James is probably the best English player in his position (despite the odd blunder) for a start.

The odd blunder being one a game maybe...

No

Do you seriously think that? :lol:

Do you seriously think that? :lol:

Only seen two games with James in tbh...

Good position from which to make a judgement then tbh...

What a fucking joke..

Whilst I am not proclaiming them to be world beaters recent performances from th youngsters and Nobby at the back has shown just how bad Bramble, Carr and Babayaro are. The sooner we get rid of these over paid numpties the better.

That's pretty true tbh.

I think the thing with Bramble that forever saves him is that he has all the physical atributes to be a genuinely great defender (and even occasionally shows that), but equally his lack of concentration and incredible ability to make stupid mistakes that give away goals and will probably cost you 10's of points a season.

I guess the managers all think "if only we can cut out the mistakes", but if that was going to happen it would have happened by now IMO.

On the other hand his goal against Chelsea got us into Europe and the goal against Vent I think kept us in it. Not to mention the purple patch he had under Souness for a run of about 12 games before an injury in the uefa kept us in the prem that year.

I have never disputed his lapses cost us or that we need a world class defender but reading through this your a bunch of wankers that don`t spot the countless errors costing points made by a lot of defenders and midfielders not just ours week in week out in all football games.

What an incredible statement of the club's ambition.

That about sums it up for me - acceptance of mediocrity. I'd be astonished if I hadn't seen the clubs do so many other astonishing things...

Think your putting it kindly there too! He's not mediocre he's one of the poorest defenders in the premiership, most other teams take the piss out of him for a good reason, because he really is a disaster who has cost us dearly consistantly for a few seasons now.

He's proved himself to not be good enough to be given a new contract though, that's all I'm arsed about.

I`m sorry but he is better than Babayaro and Carr. Ramage is too slow. Moore is gone in 6 months. Solano is wasted in RB and needs to be on the wing, Milner proved this against Spurs. Taylor, Huntington and Edgar all look good but need a year or so coming in and out of the team gaining experience. The young players need to learn consistancy first before we can rely on them, Huntington proved this against Brum, Milner against spurs and Zoggy this whole season. If we had alot of money and it was the summer then yes look around for better but as it is he a NUFC player and people need to lay off the abuse.

What a fucking joke..

Whilst I am not proclaiming them to be world beaters recent performances from th youngsters and Nobby at the back has shown just how bad Bramble, Carr and Babayaro are. The sooner we get rid of these over paid numpties the better.

That's pretty true tbh.

I think the thing with Bramble that forever saves him is that he has all the physical atributes to be a genuinely great defender (and even occasionally shows that), but equally his lack of concentration and incredible ability to make stupid mistakes that give away goals and will probably cost you 10's of points a season.

I guess the managers all think "if only we can cut out the mistakes", but if that was going to happen it would have happened by now IMO.

On the other hand his goal against Chelsea got us into Europe and the goal against Vent I think kept us in it. Not to mention the purple patch he had under Souness for a run of about 12 games before an injury in the uefa kept us in the prem that year.

I have never disputed his lapses cost us or that we need a world class defender but reading through this your a bunch of wankers that don`t spot the countless errors costing points made by a lot of defenders and midfielders not just ours week in week out in all football games.

Yes even the likes of JT makes mistakes!! Not like Shambles though!! His mistakes are many and varried, some being farcicle!

He's proved himself to not be good enough to be given a new contract though, that's all I'm arsed about.

I`m sorry but he is better than Babayaro and Carr. Ramage is too slow. Moore is gone in 6 months. Solano is wasted in RB and needs to be on the wing, Milner proved this against Spurs. Taylor, Huntington and Edgar all look good but need a year or so coming in and out of the team gaining experience. The young players need to learn consistancy first before we can rely on them, Huntington proved this against Brum, Milner against spurs and Zoggy this whole season. If we had alot of money and it was the summer then yes look around for better but as it is he a NUFC player and people need to lay off the abuse.

I'd be getting rid of Ramage, Moore, Babayaro and Carr too ideally. And it's not like playing alongside Bramble is going to help the development of the younger players. The opposite will probably be the case.

What a fucking joke..

That's pretty true tbh.

Yes even the likes of JT makes mistakes!! Not like Shambles though!! His mistakes are many and varried, some being farcicle!

The difference in price being about £48 million yeah I see your point, lets get FS to get the cheque book out.

What a fucking joke..

That's pretty true tbh.

The difference in price being about £48 million yeah I see your point, lets get FS to get the cheque book out.

????.......What????..... JT did not cost £48 million more than Bramble????

We should be on the look out for a really classy LB and a squad player of a striker to see the rest of the season through. We don't really need to be spending much imo

I'd be getting rid of Ramage, Moore, Babayaro and Carr too ideally. And it's not like playing alongside Bramble is going to help the development of the younger players. The opposite will probably be the case.

Ideally doesn`t work unless your Chelsea tbh and even they have trouble getting exactly what they want.

Thats my point though, we need him. The state in which Souness left the club. Why are people being out of order to a player that knows his mistakes and his faults but wants to play for the club and IS playing for the club. Some of the abuse is OTT IMO.

Lets say we don`t manage to get any defenders in this window. Lets say he sees this forum and reads some of this over-reactive shite towards him getting a contract that would probably be half the amount most of the first teamers are on. How is that going to encourage a player and help us.

As for the development of the younger players he would help, he`s from the Ipswich academey. Its not like he will be taking them for confidence and concentration classes is it.

Ideally doesn`t work unless your Chelsea tbh and even they have trouble getting exactly what they want.

Thats my point though, we need him. The state in which Souness left the club. Why are people being out of order to a player that knows his mistakes and his faults but wants to play for the club and IS playing for the club. Some of the abuse is OTT IMO.

Lets say we don`t manage to get any defenders in this window. Lets say he sees this forum and reads some of this over-reactive shite towards him getting a contract that would probably be half the amount most of the first teamers are on. How is that going to encourage a player and help us.

As for the development of the younger players he would help, he`s from the Ipswich academey. Its not like he will be taking them for confidence and concentration classes is it.

I was taking you seriously until that point too. :lol:

:lol: I love that argument, it's straight out of the "I bet you couldn't write a better song than the rubbish guitar band I worship!" drawer.

If a player can't hack a bit of abuse on an Internet messageboard then how'd you imagine they cope with playing in front of tens of thousands of abusive fans every other week, genius?

:lol: I love that argument, it's straight out of the "I bet you couldn't write a better song than the rubbish guitar band I worship!" drawer.

If a player can't hack a bit of abuse on an Internet messageboard then how'd you imagine they cope with playing in front of tens of thousands of abusive fans every other week, genius?

Ha, Im not the only one having a go at the fans. :lol:

Ha, Im not the only one having a go at the fans. :lol:

Away games :lol: