Cooking

Gemmill

With all the talk of olives, is it too early for a Dry (Dirty) Martini? It is Friday.

dirty martinis are rank man. olive brine in a cocktail - fuck that.

best olives i've ever had are sold at borough market. big fuck off green ones, pitted and stuffed with pickled garlic, red peppers, chili and herbs. different gravy tbh. harelequin olives i think they were called

Sounds a bit minging I agree but they're really nice. All down to personal taste like but the saltyness really goes with the Dry Martini. Why do you think you put olives in them normally anyway if they don't go well together?

Only just discovered 'proper' ones (as opposed to 'Vodkatinis'). Well, I'd tried one before but they're not very nice with run of the mill Gin. Tanqueray 10 though. Now we're talking.

Edited by alex

Sounds a bit minging I agree but they're really nice. All down to personal taste like but the saltyness really goes with the Dry Martini. Why do you think you put olives in them normally anyway if they don't go well together?

Only just discovered 'proper' ones (as opposed to 'Vodkatinis'). Well, I'd tried one before but they're not very nice with run of the mill Gin. Tanqueray 10 though. Now we're talking.

not my cuppa tea. best cocktail for has always been the old fashioned. the original and best. a sipping spirits man like yourself should be a fan.

the history behind the old fashioned is class too. it's the original cocktail. before the were the huge array we have today, if you went to a bar in manhatten and asked for a cocktail, you'd get an old fashioned

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2011/11/the_old_fashioned_a_complete_history_and_guide_to_this_classic_c.html

Sounds a bit minging I agree but they're really nice. All down to personal taste like but the saltyness really goes with the Dry Martini. Why do you think you put olives in them normally anyway if they don't go well together? Only just discovered 'proper' ones (as opposed to 'Vodkatinis'). Well, I'd tried one before but they're not very nice with run of the mill Gin. Tanqueray 10 though. Now we're talking.

You sound like the kind of man who would be up for making his own olive pate soldiers to accompany his many detours to the cocktail cabinet. :)

Just found a recipe for 'happy' ice cream on stumbleupon. Would love to try it someday! :D (Suppose you could use cannabutter instead of the hash?)

Ingredients:

25 grams of butter

18 fluid ounces of single cream

75 grams of sugar

A pinch of salt

¼ ounce crumbled hash or 10 grams crushed bud

15 ounces of bananas (peeled)

3 tablespoons of rum

5 tablespoons of honey

Directions:

•Heat the cream in a saucepan until before it boils.

•In another saucepan melt the butter together with the sugar and salt.

•Heat the hash with a flame and add it into the melted butter and stir.

•Whisk the cream with the butter.

•Put the bananas into a large bowl and mash them completely.

•Add in the cream, rum and honey. You can add other ingredients as you wish. You can try chocolate chips, nuts etc.

•Mix all the ingredients perfectly and after this pour them all into a chilled shallow plastic container.

•Cover the container and chill for a few hours until the desired texture is formed.

•If a mushy consistency is attained, transfer the mixture into a chilled bowl and whisk away until it smoothens.

•Return the mixture to its covered container and chill until firm.

•Serve and enjoy.

This recipe is ideal to serve six marijuana ice creams. Have fun creating a new dessert for your whole posse with this incredible marijuana ice cream recipe. Share it with your friends as well and have a pot luck full or marijuana delicacies.

Can any of you culinary geniuses advise on the best way to cook a sirloin steak?

Hot pan / griddle.

Oil then season the steak (no oil in pan) than chuck on pan / griddle for desired length of time. Turn halfway through.

I'd google for suggested cooking times for your preferred taste. Rare, medium rare etc.

Can any of you culinary geniuses advise on the best way to cook a sirloin steak?

Hot pan / griddle.

Oil then season the steak (no oil in pan) than chuck on pan / griddle for desired length of time. Turn halfway through.

I'd google for suggested cooking times for your preferred taste. Rare, medium rare etc.

All week Ive been dreaming of having a lovely juicy steak with some mushrooms, tomatoes, onion rings, peppercorn sauce and a few wedges.

Today was that day!

Went to Asda and bought these two beauties from the extra special thick cut range.

img0885wq.jpg

img0886p.jpg

Cooked mine medium and our lasses well done. Plated up with all the trimmings and peppercorn sauce. Got distracted for a few minutes so our lass ploughed on. Came back and didnt realise straight away that I had accidentally switched plates and my juicy, gorgeous, hand picked, much dreamt about steak had been devoured by the wife.

I was left with Ghandis slipper. :(

Okay, today we are searching for stir fry tips. I have made these at various stages for the family over the last 20 years and every time they have been gut wrenchingly bad.

Yesterday the wife called into Giorgios butchers in Cleadon where they do ready prepared stir frys.

IE the raw meat and a few peppers, onions etc are mixed together in a delicious source that you then take home and stir fry.

However I would rather play about and create some of these myself and that way I also know what I am eating.

The ones we've tried so far are very spicy chinesey and I think have a fair bit of ginger in.

Anyone got any good recipes?