Cooking

Gemmill

Thanks, that looks good. Sure the fruit & veg man at the foot of Northumberland street has chestnuts; might have a trip tomorrow. I don't know why I agreed to this, I come from the Jackie Chan school of cooking; one chop & you're dead.

Edited by Mac-Toon

The more expensive the better, the principle of a stir fry is to cook on a high heat, very very quickly so you want top notch beef that is best when its red in the middle (not pink, pink is over-cooked).

Best you can afford basically.

Aye, three small bits of fillet for £6 so went for that. Kicking myself a bit though because I now remember you posted a lovely recipe a few weeks back that I was going to try. Have to remember to copy and paste it.

A bit of help required here, if you'd be so kind.

We're going to "the inlaws" for Christmas Dinner & for some reason I volunteered to make stuffing & pigs in blankets/devil on horseback.

Do you have any easy recipes for the stuffing? Preferably one without sage in, as it's the work of the devil & can be overpowering.

Thanks.

This was fairly easy to make and is delicious. You can either do it as they describe or do it in your average takeaway type foil tin.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2182/chestnut-bacon-and-cranberry-stuffing

Thanks, that looks good. Sure the fruit & veg man at the foot of Northumberland street has chestnuts; might have a trip tomorrow. I don't know why I agreed to this, I come from the Jackie Chan school of cooking; one chop & you're dead.

I got the chesnuts from asda.

Aye, three small bits of fillet for £6 so went for that. Kicking myself a bit though because I now remember you posted a lovely recipe a few weeks back that I was going to try. Have to remember to copy and paste it.

I was going to say like, I thought the topic was familiar. :lol:

http://www.toontasti...80#entry1136321

And chestnuts are lurrrvely. Always a winner.

Tuna pasta tonight. I could eat mountains of pasta, especially when I've been to the gym. Always make far too much of it (and pretend right up until the last mouthful that some of it will be left for tomorrow..)