Cooking

Gemmill

So you had bombay potatoes with med veg, then a 10-egg fritatta and now ferrero rochet??? I think you're missing the point of them being branded as 'slimming world proof'. :lol:

You'd like the lass I work with CT - she left me a recipe for her beef stroganoff today as I was covering her day off on hot side. I followed it almost to the letter until i read: "Add bisto to thicken and simmer until done."

Nice pre match meal tonight.Basically a bit of food experimenting that ended up on a plate bringing together Indian and Mediterranean.Jar of Tescos Bombay potato sauce added to par boiled and golden sautéed potatoes. A few cut up tomatoes chucked in.In a separate dish, peppers, red onion, carrots and courgettes chopped up drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and several spices, oregano, rosemary etc.Deeeeeelicious.Some bread (unbuttered) to mop the vegetable infused oils up after cooking.Finally the left over vegetables have been chucked in a pie dish with about 10 eggs, salt pepper and Parmesan to create a nice half time frittata.

:lol: sounds divine

Anyone got a really good tried and tested curry recipe?

Leazes had some good recipes but he was the enemy of the people who do as they ask and ignore their stalkers but retain the stalker who tells them he is going to ignore their requests to stop stalking's enemy is my friend.

Anyone got a really good tried and tested curry recipe?

Get yourself this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Sisters-Indian-Cookbook-Delicious/dp/0857200275

And this book: http://baltibook.wordpress.com/

The first one has the quicker recipes. The second one contains recipes which are restaurant style baltis. However, to get the most out of it, you're best making enough base sauce for 10-15 portions (which you can freeze afterwards). It's a long, involved process, but it's good fun, and the results are tremendous.

The street chicken recipe in the first book is particularly good.

2 good size onions. Thumb size bit of fresh Ginger. 5/6 garlic cloves. Tbsp oil. << All in the blitzer and blitzed to pulp. Add to frying pan on gentle/medium heat for 10/15 mins or until it nicely starts to turn a light brown.

In the cleaned blitzer a tin of tomatoes/half tin of water. 2tbsp Tom puree. Fresh chillies to taste (about 4/5 for me but they aren't shit hot) Blitz until smooth.

Before adding the tomatoes to the onion add 1tsp, Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Paprika + chilli powder to taste to the browned onion mix. Cook on for 5 mins or so then add the toms. Bring to steady boil then add 3 diced chicken breasts.

Boil on for 1hr stirring regular. 10 mins before ready half a sliced onion for a bit crunch and then fresh coriander the last moment.

Bit basic but nicely tastey all the same. Enough for three decent portions. With plain Basmati rice.

9aa11dd7-644d-4d4a-89c4-edf1c8e5d4fb.jpg

Edited by Ugly Mackems

Peel a large bag of potatoes.

Boil em till they're nice and soft.

Put half a small tub of butter in a microwaveable container - no metals.

Fill a nice big bowl (ideally glass) with the warm melted butter.

Stab the potatoes - don't mash them, but you want to show them who's boss until they're in bite size chunks. Add to the bowl.

Voila. Potato-corn/Poptato.

Eat with hands and lick/suck delicious buttery potatoey fingers.

I was on the baking section today (made brownies, key lime pie, genoese sponge and meringue nests)...so I could only watch as the lass I work with put up pork chops served with mash potato & green beans and a red wine jus as a special.

Sounds pretty good, right? She heated up red wine then poured in fucking bisto.

:faint: