Cooking

Gemmill

Are Tilda owned by Premier Foods?

Fortnight ago I had one of their pasta 'n' sauce and it was gritty - got in touch with a batch number and they sent an apology and a voucher. Not Asda's fault in your case, it's down to Tilda and their QA dept.

EHO state that rice only gets stored for 24 hours once cooked before we have to throw it away, so I'm wary as to how ready-cooked rice is being prepared and packaged.

Him indoors is away from tomorrow until Tuesday, so I'll be going veggie for the duration like I did last summer (only without the four bottles of vodka this time - potatoes though, still veg innit?). :good:

Got a carrot and coriander soup on the go right now, avocado/tomato/cucumber/garlic salad is ready to roll, and that's just for tomorrow.

Soon as I'm done with work, I'll be launching into full-on veggie curry-making mode (moong dal, sag aloo, cabbage and lentil stew [parp], tomato and okra curry, baingan bartha - all previously reciped and bigged up in this very thread).

Also going to get the old waffle iron out (not a euphemism) (or is it?) and whip up some Swedish potato waffles to be served with sour cream and lingonberry jam.

Might make a carrot and coriander flan too. And then there's some sweet potatoes kicking about the cupboard too...

This is literally the most excited I've been in ages. :blush2:

If you want to go a bit more middle-eastern, I've got a great veggie special on at the moment:

Cous cous made with veg stock, sultanas and lemon juice. Cram it in a teacup then place it upside-down on a plate and it'll come out in a mound.

Roast some cubed sweet potato and butternet squash, scatter it around the cous cous.

Whisk equal parts lemon juice, orange juice and honey and drizzle this over the dish. (I then whirl it around the plate.)

Top with a handful of rocket, drizzle over a bit more of the sauce.

If you want to go a bit more middle-eastern, I've got a great veggie special on at the moment:

Cous cous made with veg stock, sultanas and lemon juice. Cram it in a teacup then place it upside-down on a plate and it'll come out in a mound.

Roast some cubed sweet potato and butternet squash, scatter it around the cous cous.

Whisk equal parts lemon juice, orange juice and honey and drizzle this over the dish. (I then whirl it around the plate.)

Top with a handful of rocket, drizzle over a bit more of the sauce.

No onion or garlic? That's nonsense Brock!!

Does anyone know how Italian restaurants get that special garlic smell and taste. It's totally different to what you get at home so is there a special trick of the trade?

Even the simple looking garlic bread I had at paradiso last week had it.

Does anyone know how Italian restaurants get that special garlic smell and taste. It's totally different to what you get at home so is there a special trick of the trade?

Crush the garlic with a crusher instead of chopping it, releases more oil.

:lol: Fucking hell man.