Cooking

Gemmill

Bisto is a thickener and a gravy. I'm a top chef in my own mind, so I think I know what I might be possibly, maybe talking about. :closedeyes:

Never use bisto as a thickener. You'll over-season your dish and you'll make everything taste like shit gravy.

Also FOUR Oxo cubes and bisto? No wonder you're such a fucking nutter, you're consuming a vast amount of salt in your food.

Never use bisto as a thickener. You'll over-season your dish and you'll make everything taste like shit gravy.

Also FOUR Oxo cubes and bisto? No wonder you're such a fucking nutter, you're consuming a vast amount of salt in your food.

Your body needs salt. We can obviously argue the pro's and cons about it all, just as we can argue about lots of nutrients. Salt is better for you than the egg heads make out. That's my opinion and nobody has to accept it.

Your body needs salt. We can obviously argue the pro's and cons about it all, just as we can argue about lots of nutrients. Salt is better for you than the egg heads make out. That's my opinion and nobody has to accept it.

:lol:

Wonder what you'll think about the egg heads after you've had a stroke.

Edited by Renton

Renton, on 14 Jul 2014 - 6:42 PM, said:

:lol:

Wonder what you'll think about the egg heads after you've had a stroke.

When there was no such thing as fridges, etc, things were preserved in vats of salt, like meats, etc. Don't listen to everything you get told by people who play god in the nutritional game.

Put your faith in your own body. Your own body tells you what is good or bad for you, not god playing people who decide one thing is healthy then 10 years later tell you it's not healthy after all.

Edited by wolfy

When there was no such thing as fridges, etc, things were preserved in vats of salt, like meats, etc. I Don't listen to everything you get told by people who play god in the nutritional game.

Put your faith in your owhn body. Your own body tells you what is good or bad for you, not god playing people who decide one thing is healthy then 10 years later tell you it's not healthy after all.

Are you called 'Wolfy' because you howl at the moon every night?

When there was no such thing as fridges, etc, things were preserved in vats of salt, like meats, etc. Don't listen to everything you get told by people who play god in the nutritional game.

Put your faith in your own body. Your own body tells you what is good or bad for you, not god playing people who decide one thing is healthy then 10 years later tell you it's not healthy after all.

:D

Aye, back in the good old days when people died in their fifties.

:D

Aye, back in the good old days when people died in their fifties.

Aye. Instead of their 20,s 30,s and 40,s these days.

The old folk who are in their 80's, 90's and some even getting a nice letter from the queen. Aye, they probably ate special K for brekky and tinned Mackerel fillets with omega 3 in, no to mention the abundance of fruit and veg they had at hand.

I mean, I doubt they would be eating fatty meats or bread dipped in dripping. :D

Renton, on 14 Jul 2014 - 7:13 PM, said:

Hartlepool isn't representative of the whole country you know.

I agree but then again, most of the country eat very similar stuff, especially in the built up areas. Look around you and see how many people are dropping down dead or are knackered by the time they are 50/60.

There's still 80/90 year olds still walking to the shops and doing their own chores. Did they get to that stage by eating lettuce and what not every day?

How you want to perceive it all is up to you. I don't trust these nutritionists at the top.

Don't eat too many eggs. Don't eat too much red meat. don't eat white bread, eat brown. Don't eat fried breakfasts, grill them and little of it. I could go on and on but you get my drift, because that's what we are told.

What's good or bad for you? Your Doctor will tell you when you go there with a problem. The Doctor will say. "do you smoke, do you drink, do you eat fried food, spicy food." If you answer yes, you get told to cut it all out and if you have to, just drink 12 units a week - half a pint is a unit, so 6 pints a week.

Live the healthy way on all the foods that do you good and taste so bland that you wonder what the point is.

The point is easy. If you don't follow what theys ay, you die of a stroke or heart attack or what not.

Notice how they never ask you how much chocolate of Dr pepper you drink. the very stuff that wrecks your body but gives your brain such a high. It's that stuff that your body can't tell you about because it's busy doing a Ferris Beullers car park attendants run around, jumping for joy at the addiction.

It's not salt that's killing people. It's the stuff that forced on people....on kids that's killing people and ailing them.

Try telling your kid that he can't have Dr pepper or chocolate, etc. They don't drink it because it tastes just nice. They dr8ink it because it is addictive, just like coke is and many other things.

Get fit, make your body stronger while your younger. Go to the gym and eat healthily, whilst spooning cratine and other protein powders into your body. Pop a few vitamin pills and all is well. But is it?

That's not for me to tell people to decide. That's for myself to decide. What people do with their life is up to them. My life is in my hands. If my body tells me something is not agreeing with me or I feel lethargic ,etc, on it, I'll bin it and eat the stuff that I feel good on.

Weirdly, white bread bloats me. It didn't use to, years and years ago, except now, some of it you can actually taste chemicals in it, like extremely mild bleach, especially in Warburtons bread, which I don't eat anymore.

There's enough straw men in that post I'm scared to strike a match anywhere near it.

It's true, though; when the docs were helping me to kick my booze habit, they never once mentioned the dangers of Dr Pepper. I may sue.

The body needs salt, correct.

The body does not need excess salt. This can be incredibly harmful to your body.

I agree. Too much water can also be harmful. Too much food can also be harmful. Too much alcohol can.

If people start eating spoonfuls of salt then they need to stop.

The issue is, how much is too harmful, with anything?

If you ate a spoonful of salt, your body would reject it by making you spew up. It will do the same with bad food. It's about knowing your own body. Some people don;t listen to their own body, they reject what it's telling them. This becomes worse when addictive things are put into the body, whether that's drugs, alcohol, and stuff to that effect.

Look back over the last 20 years or so and find out what they once told you was good for you that is now bad. Now look at what they thought was good for you but was deemed bad but is now good. They are playing god with us.

The same doctor that tells you to cut spicy food out is the very same doctor that's eating curries on a regular basis and drinking spirits, etc.

Our trouble is following trends.

What should they tell you if you're getting crippling heartburn after every spicy meal and they're not?

Nothing. You don't need a doctor, you just need to lay off what's causing the problem. It's your body telling you that it doesn't want it.

I agree. Too much water can also be harmful. Too much food can also be harmful. Too much alcohol can.

If people start eating spoonfuls of salt then they need to stop.

The issue is, how much is too harmful, with anything?

If you ate a spoonful of salt, your body would reject it by making you spew up. It will do the same with bad food. It's about knowing your own body. Some people don;t listen to their own body, they reject what it's telling them. This becomes worse when addictive things are put into the body, whether that's drugs, alcohol, and stuff to that effect.

Look back over the last 20 years or so and find out what they once told you was good for you that is now bad. Now look at what they thought was good for you but was deemed bad but is now good. They are playing god with us.

The same doctor that tells you to cut spicy food out is the very same doctor that's eating curries on a regular basis and drinking spirits, etc.

Our trouble is following trends.

To clarify, are epidemiologists (people who have found the link between salt intake and stroke) 'they' now? If so I might be part of this elusive club. :D

Nothing. You don't need a doctor, you just need to lay off what's causing the problem. It's your body telling you that it doesn't want it.

Are you eating curries on a regular basis? If so, I don't trust your advice.

Renton, on 14 Jul 2014 - 8:25 PM, said:

To clarify, are epidemiologists (people who have found the link between salt intake and stroke) 'they' now? If so I might be part of this elusive club. :D

I'm sure you know we get told all kinds of clap trap all the time as regards diets and such.

Are you eating curries on a regular basis? If so, I don't trust your advice.

I eat anything that I like to. If I eat anything that causes me grief, I leave it alone. You're welcome to listen to anyone who tells you what to eat. All I'm saying is, trust your own body.