Cooking

Gemmill

Marinated a shoulder of lamb with garlic purée, honey, soya, teriyaki and balsamic. Roasted it for 10 minutes very hot and then an hour at 180. Served it with stir fried vegetables, a bottle of Vacqueryas and a Chateau neuf du Pape, which are basically the same wine. Went well, very pleased.

Ive got a really awesome chick pea curry recipe. Piece of piss too.

Fry an onion for about 7 minutes then add three cloves of chopped garlic, a tablespoon of grated ginger and a chopped green chilli. Fry for another couple of minute before adding a teaspoon of cumin powder, two teaspoons of coriander powder and half a teaspoon of tumeric. Fry for another minute then add a couple of tablespoons of pasata. Cook for another minute then add 500ml of water and two cans of east end chick peas (the best money can buy). Reduce back until its nice curry consistency. Delicious mopped up with a roti.

Only downside is it makes you fart like a trooper.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Ive got a really awesome chick pea curry recipe. Piece of piss too.

Fry an onion for about 7 minutes then add three cloves of chopped garlic, a tablespoon of grated ginger and a chopped green chilli. Fry for another couple of minute before adding a teaspoon of cumin powder, two teaspoons of coriander powder and half a teaspoon of tumeric. Fry for another minute then add a couple of tablespoons of pasata. Cook for another minute then add 500ml of water and two cans of east end chick peas (the best money can buy). Reduce back until its nice curry consistency. Delicious mopped up with a roti.

Only downside is it makes you fart like a trooper.

What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried the recipe boxes? I'm two weeks into them and they're mint.

Had spring greens risotto last night. Tonight is Swiss chard and rosemary gratin with polenta roast potatoes. :lol:

Have you tried the recipe boxes? I'm two weeks into them and they're mint.

Had spring greens risotto last night. Tonight is Swiss chard and rosemary gratin with polenta roast potatoes. :lol:

Did you say Polenta fucker!!?

Bean curry? Excellent. I've got a curry recipe that involves bacon, which I can't wait to try and see if it's as awful as it sounds. :lol:

(No, it's not one of Leazes')

The core is white chic peas, haricot beans and kala channa (black chic peas)...Tin of toms. Do your curry stuff as you like it. I normally start with couple of onions, garlic, ginger and bay leaf faff...garam masala and Patak Bhuna paste..:)

Not all that different from using green lentils by the time you've cooked it all down I suppose.

Actually, that's basically halfway to a veggie chilli con carne, isn't it? Which also works. :D

Bean curry? Excellent. I've got a curry recipe that involves bacon, which I can't wait to try and see if it's as awful as it sounds. :lol:

(No, it's not one of Leazes')

Bacon bits are briliant in Thai soups.