Cooking

Gemmill

Fucking hell :lol:

As it happens I’m back into soups. Forgot how easy they were to knock up. (4lbs off this week).

My current favourite is CT’s Veg

1 sweet potato 

1 onion

2 carrots

1 small turnip (apple size).

1000ml of Knorr Chicken Stock

350ml of Knorr veg stock

Dash of black pepper.

Boil 30 mins and blitz.

Everything about this is perfect. Texture, taste, looks good and surprisingly the whole family like it.

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fucking hell :lol:

As it happens I’m back into soups. Forgot how easy they were to knock up. (4lbs off this week).

My current favourite is CT’s Veg

1 sweet potato 

1 onion

2 carrots

1 small turnip (apple size).

1000ml of Knorr Chicken Stock

350ml of Knorr veg stock

Dash of black pepper.

Boil 30 mins and blitz.

Everything about this is perfect. Texture, taste, looks good and surprisingly the whole family like it.

that recipe looks groundbreaking. it's the knorr that makes it though

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

that recipe looks groundbreaking. it's the knorr that makes it though

Usually I would have just used an ordinary potato but found the sweet one lurking. 

Also they way I mix up up different stocks by ratio is pretty leading edge. Heston’ish.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

aye hitting the big paperclip looking icon or just pasting things in is such a chore for morons ;) 

Always get a message saying “you are only allowed to upload 40.9k and therefore won’t upload. Same process in tapatalk just worked?

Now I only ever use my iPhone to view here or upload from my camera roll so nothing’s changed at my end.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Embedded tweets look the same as they do in any skin/form, it's twitters code, you just pick up on the link and wrap the bit to insert it into the post

it's not the same process since you were uploading it to tapatalk/whatever image hosting service they used, so god knows where anything you uploaded went or is used for.

You'd run out of space on here... that's why it said 40kbs, i've amended it to a max file size rather than space per person

Cheers Ant, Gloom will be ecstatic:)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Alex said:

If only Slimming World did recipe books, apps, Facebook pages and so on 

Been there done that and have quite a few decent ones but a lot are tasteless fodder, no imagination with spices etc.

I would love to find a nice ‘rub’ for lamb, something Mediterranean and some options to spice up chicken breasts.

Just a bit bored with the same old same old.