Cooking

Gemmill

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 00:12, Sonatine said:

What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll

Image result for agamemnon gif

B)

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2013 at 20:22, Christmas Tree said:

Just made the best roast beef dinner ever.

Had I been served this up at the Maften I would have been slightly disappointed, only slightly. Had it been served up anywhere else I would be sticking it in the recommend me a restaurant thread. HONESTLY.

Got a stunning looking joint of rump beef from Asda for under a fiver.

Two bags of the vegetable medley (Carrots, sprouts, broccoli and cauli). The first bag I microwaved for the recommended 5 minutes but everything was still pretty raw so by stages it got up to 13 minutes and it still wasnt right. The second bag was boiled for about 15 minutes. I then decided to chuck both bags in a glass dish in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Perfect. Rewarmed for 2 minutes in the microwave with a good helping of butter. (see footnote).

Yorkshires, well you've seen my puddings previously and they are simply superb.

Maris piper tatties boiled for 14 minutes then tossed in plain flour and tipped in a sizzling tray of olive oil and roasted for 30 - 40 minutes. Crispy on the outside and super soft in the middle.

Gravy was joint juices plus gravy granules plus tsp of mint sauce. Like the Yorkshires I have gravy off to a t.

To date this goes down as the pinnacle of my cooking endeavours. :)

The pinnacle :lol:

• Haha 1