Cooking

Gemmill

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i've had great results with jamie's pizza dough recipe, cooked on a pizza stone - they come out as good as a restaurant pizza, just a notch down from a wood burning oven. 

I think I must have gone wrong somewhere then.  Maybe not allowing the yeast to mix enough or not leaving it long enough to prove.

On 23/01/2020 at 11:04, Alex said:

I used Delia Smith’s a whole back and that was good. I honestly don’t think it’s worth the effort as long as there’s a decent proper Italiano pizza takeaway nearby though 

I make them with the Fistlets, so its much about the chance for them to fuck about and make a mess, but also surreptitiously teach them basic cooking skills. 
It is a fuck on though. 
( you tried that place at Four Lane Ends, same people that have Slice in the Grainger Market?) 

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I make them with the Fistlets, so its much about the chance for them to fuck about and make a mess, but also surreptitiously teach them basic cooking skills. 
It is a fuck on though. 
( you tried that place at Four Lane Ends, same people that have Slice in the Grainger Market?) 

Yeah it’s really nice. I was telling someone else on here about it. Might’ve been you :lol: 

I think it could well have been. :lol:

I’m getting old and the memory is feeling the effects of my stoner youth.…

( btw, you tried that place at Four Lane Ends, same people that have Slice in the Grainger Market?) 

• Haha 2

I’m currently away working, just ordered Moules Frites, and opened a whole can of worms by stating that the “ don’t eat closed mussels” thing is bullshit. 
Do the TT cooking cognoscenti agree, or do I need to educate you too? 
:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Basic stuff, but I’ve just spent the afternoon making a fuck-off pan of tomato ragu with the Fistlets, some of which is going on the pizzas they made dough for earlier, some in the lasagne Fistette wants to make later this week. 

If the butcher is still open, I might get some bones and go for a big batch of Demi-glacé later this week too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Making Fish and Chips for tea tonight. 

Russet spuds for the chips, skins left on, just blanched them off for their first fry. 

Beer batter for the fish ( got Cod and Haddock fillet), I might even make some Mandelson Guacamole later, but doubtful because I fucking hate mushy peas :lol:

Go direct to your local bakery. That’s what I did. I just bought a 16kg sack of strong bread flour and have got a fuckload of fresh yeast too. Your  twice fried chips sound good - post pics CT style 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Go direct to your local bakery. That’s what I did. I just bought a 16kg sack of strong bread flour and have got a fuckload of fresh yeast too. Your  twice fried chips sound good - post pics CT style 

3w58ak.jpg