Cooking

Gemmill

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Craig said:

Curried pickled egg anyone? 

89D4BB33-2B2D-41C6-88CC-BE6D8A39724A.jpeg

I’ve been doing marmite ones for years. Glorious. 

what’s the recipe here?  I’ve done a few curry ones but always use too much chilli.  

26 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

InformalWhisperedEel-size_restricted.gif

Recipe please. 

Couldn't be easier, one generous teaspoon of XO Marmite in the jar for each egg. Wait at least 6 weeks but 6+ months is best.  

Edited by trophyshy

3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

I’ve been doing marmite ones for years. Glorious. 

what’s the recipe here?  I’ve done a few curry ones but always use too much chilli.  

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/curried-pickled-eggs-recipe

As for 'food terrorism', multiple people have thrown a face at the idea of this, tried one closely followed by "SEND ME THE FUCKING RECIPE!!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been off today, so I’ve made a Garlic Spinach Chicken Bhuna which has been slowly becoming glorious in a low oven for the afternoon, just had a tester and, fuck me, it’s good. :lol:

Bought the spice mix from a couple of wide-boys at Tynemouth market yesterday, jointed a chicken and added onions, a fucking shedload of garlic, small diced potato, passata, chicken stock, spinach and coriander. 

603FB3B1-63E0-48DE-B370-060F71A3C8E6.thumb.jpeg.55b24ad91936b71f2a2b78d32136788d.jpeg

Edit; CT, multiply the above by 6, cook for all day, then throw it away and have 10 kebabs instead. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Been off today, so I’ve made a Garlic Spinach Chicken Bhuna which has been slowly becoming glorious in a low oven for the afternoon, just had a tester and, fuck me, it’s good. :lol:

Bought the spice mix from a couple of wide-boys at Tynemouth market yesterday, jointed a chicken and added onions, a fucking shedload of garlic, small diced potato, passata, chicken stock, spinach and coriander. 

603FB3B1-63E0-48DE-B370-060F71A3C8E6.thumb.jpeg.55b24ad91936b71f2a2b78d32136788d.jpeg

Edit; CT, multiply the above by 6, cook for all day, then throw it away and have 10 kebabs instead. 

Might have a wander down on Sunday morning to get some of that, like. Do I just look for the Robin Reliant?

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Might have a wander down on Sunday morning to get some of that, like. Do I just look for the Robin Reliant?

:lol:
Aye, they were to the right of the stairs if you go in from Tynemouth. 

It’s the blokes in Trilbys and Camel coats. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Low oven, or deep oven? :scratchchin:

• Haha 3