Cooking

Gemmill

Bossing the arse off this mind. 
Roast beef- dry marinated overnight, veggie Wellington, duck fat and veggie roasties, sausage and veggie stuffings, cauliflower cheese, garlic and Parmesan roast broccoli, lemon dressed French beans, steamed and roast carrots, and 30 homemade Yorkshire puds. 
Beef and roast garlic gravy

Veggie Onion gravy. 
For 15 , with plenty to spare tbh. 

All whilst increasingly mildly befuddled on red wine. 

Fuck me I'm good :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tbh, with a roast dinner, once you get over 4-6 people, it’s just a matter of volume. 

Having some handy kitchen kit helps loads too, I’ve gone back to the 70s and borrowed the MIL’s Hostess trolley, so I’ve been able to knock the roasties and oven gear out before time .

I’m still basking in my own glory though :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Tbh, with a roast dinner, once you get over 4-6 people, it’s just a matter of volume. 

Having some handy kitchen kit helps loads too, I’ve gone back to the 70s and borrowed the MIL’s Hostess trolley, so I’ve been able to knock the roasties and oven gear out before time .

I’m still basking in my own glory though :lol:

Well done, you'll get asked loads now. :good:

• Haha 1

Btw, all went off without a hitch, great craic with the whole family, even had a hairy shithouse raid when this furry little twat snuck on to the table and scoffed the last slice of lemon tart. 
He’s now utterly oblivious to his heinous crimes :lol:

9FF0CE5D-DBD8-44D0-92F8-AD2ED67942AF.thumb.jpeg.5dff04292be7fdd372c7748ca4008e48.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t generally eat much fish but I made Nigella’s hake tacos today as a starter and honest to god it was nearly as good as sucking on her fat tits. Absolutely superb.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 7

I did a cracking brisket today. Used beef stock in a beer can (I’ve seen it all now), one can of hobgoblin, 3 small bay leaves, handful fresh parsley, one tin chopped tomatoes, one small teaspoon marmite XO, one small whole star anise, 3 cloves garlic. Seasoning obvs. Chunky carrots, pre-caramelised onions, mushrooms. 7 hours slow cooker.  Made a roux to thicken sauce before serving. Served with steamed fine green beans and baby potatoes.  Snooty French lass and two awkward little bastards loved it so job done. I got fuck all for Father’s Day, again, for the record.  

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

I don’t generally eat much fish but I made Nigella’s hake tacos today as a starter and honest to god it was nearly as good as sucking on her fat tits. Absolutely superb.

You ate Nigella’s fish taco? Lucky bastard 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wtf? 😂 plus some shop bought pasta sauce for that authentic home made touch 

yeah, plus it's much easier to turn into dry pasta into dough than it is to use flour, water and yeast apparently 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 4

You get a few tv chefs in America who just casually use a jar of ‘marinara sauce’ or whatever in their recipes actually. Absolute piss-takers :lol: 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, plus it's much easier to turn into dry pasta into dough than it is to use flour, water and yeast apparently 

And the end result looked horrific :lol: 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

And the end result looked horrific :lol: 

i love how she says you can cut it as thin or as thick as you like before proceeding to hack out breeze block-style pasta ribbons

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Alex said:

You get a few tv chefs in America who just casually use a jar of ‘marinara sauce’ or whatever in their recipes actually. Absolute piss-takers :lol: 

What?  Not 6 litres of Lloyd Grossman Bhuna?  Philistines.

• Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...