Cooking

Gemmill

I'm pretty much hopeless tbh, but this book looks to be a piece of piss to make most of the stuff, so I'm gonna try and not be such a beans-on-toast-bellend from now on.

The gay use of to die for was intentional btw, hence the capitalisation. :lol:

'Beans on toast Bellend' just sounds wrong.

The shit thing about getting into cooking is buying loads of shit which you think, i'm only ever going to use this when i cook this dish. The trick is to learn variations on the theme that keep your efforts fresh and interesting.

(I'm doing my best to sound like Phillip Schofield here, you started it though)

I had to buy ground cinammon to go in this pasta thing yesterday. Cinammon? In pasta? Couldn't even taste it tbh. :lol:

You'll never use it again tbh.

Lush on top of cappucino and cheesecake.

Cath blatantly with cheesecake floating around in the top of her coffee there the pig.

I'm more like Big Cook, Little Cook tbh.

By the way, I don't watch Bodger and Badger, so wouldn't know of any lines from it, you gimps!

Big Cook Little Cock tbh

That can be your native american name.

By the way, I don't watch Bodger and Badger, so wouldn't know of any lines from it, you gimps!

Big Cook Little Cock tbh

:lol:

Dickface!

Always thought he was a dead ringer for Reg out of the Bill btw.

Bradley Branning tbh.

I mean Bodger, not Scott :lol:

Edit: I prefer manc-mag's though, i.e. Gemmill being a dead ringer for Napolean Dynamite :lol:

Edited by alex

I'm pretty much hopeless tbh, but this book looks to be a piece of piss to make most of the stuff, so I'm gonna try and not be such a beans-on-toast-bellend from now on.

Aye, I was saying (in that whole other thread about the same subject :lol:) that one of my new year's resolutions, insofar as I have any, is to cook more stuff from scratch. I actually bought a nifty little Kenwood food processor with some Eldon Square vouchers my rellies got me last Christmas, then managed to not use it at all for the best part of, ooh, 12 months. But now that I've started, I'm a soup-makin', gratin-bakin' machine.

Yer Jamie/Ainsley-type books are fantastic, particularly the meals-in-minutes variety, but for the more basic stuff your mother would have taught you if (a) you were a girl, (:lol: you lived in the 1950s and © she didn't spend all her time in Wetherspoons, this one's an absolute godsend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Housekeeping-...TF8&s=books

Always thought he was a dead ringer for Reg out of the Bill btw.

Bradley Branning tbh.

I mean Bodger, not Scott :lol:

Edit: I prefer manc-mag's though, i.e. Gemmill being a dead ringer for Napolean Dynamite :lol:

jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_intervi.jpg

tbh

Big Cook Little Cock tbh

bigcook.jpg

:lol::lol:

Just about to knock the shit out of a buffallo wing stir fry.

I turned my skills to the kitchen yesterday, knocking together a pasta dish from Jamie Oliver's latest book. And let me tell you, it was TO DIE FOR! :lol:

Think I might make something else from it later on in the week when I've worked my way through what's left of this pasta. Anyone else on here a budding GENIUS in the kitchen like me?

And never mind the "cooking is gay" stuff either. I'm impervious to it. :lol:

I can cook a bit.

I've got quite good at making curries. Not doing some chicken with sauce from a jar or owt, doing proper curries from scratch. I don't really follow recipies now, I just chuck all sorts in. Get a few fresh spices/herbs (like Corriander) and its very easy to make a really nice curry.

I can do stuff like Chilli Con Carne as well, and have tackled a Sunday dinner on a few occasions with success, and basic stuff like sausage and mash, its hard to go wrong there.

Might do a risotto for my next masterpiece like. Who knows?

Just make sure you don't accidentally use Rice Krispies. According to the kid on that fucking advert, they're so difficult to tell apart from normal rice.

When I've exhausted everything Oliver's got to offer, I might have a look at that one you linked to earlier in the thread. Need to be sure this isn't a passing fad first. :lol: You can get Oliver's book for £12 in Tesco btw - £26 RRP and all the money from it goes towards him training juvenile delinquents how to cook. I bet they fucking gob in the dishes!

When I've exhausted everything Oliver's got to offer, I might have a look at that one you linked to earlier in the thread. Need to be sure this isn't a passing fad first. :lol: You can get Oliver's book for £12 in Tesco btw - £26 RRP and all the money from it goes towards him training juvenile delinquents how to cook. I bet they fucking gob in the dishes!

Got wor lass Oliver's book for her birthday, she's really enjoying and has knocked up some seriously canny scran out of it. I just tend to make things up as I go along but sometimes it's good to get a bit of direction (just to keep from poisoning other folk more than owt else though, my stomach can handle anything)

I'm a total fucking ninja in the kitchen, if i do say so myself. Thing is, since i paid her fatha £3000 for a brand new £6000 kitchen that the pric has failed to finish fitting (18 months) I stay out of the kitchen in protest.

Gonna lift the ban on myself shortly due to the amount of time I'll have on my hands so I'll finish the kitchen myself then start digging out a few of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's favourite recipes, as he is without any doubt the best chef going, couple this with the fresh produce from my recently aquired allotment and I'll be on the telly before you can say 'percy pepper'.

"Now it's time for some wacky creations with our favourite Geordie Chef, Wacky Jnr"

You heard it here first :lol: