Cooking

Gemmill

Don't you just hate January? I'm absolutely skint - too skint to do any shopping so I am having to resort to scraping the back of the cupboards to make some culinary delight for work tonight. My masterpiece this evening will be beans on toast with cheese on top and porridge for the 5am munchies :lol:

Don't you just hate January? I'm absolutely skint - too skint to do any shopping so I am having to resort to scraping the back of the cupboards to make some culinary delight for work tonight. My masterpiece this evening will be beans on toast with cheese on top and porridge for the 5am munchies :lol:

I know the feeling, christmas has put a right hole in my pocket

Brought some of my pasta in for lunch today like. I imagine it'll be like the Diet Coke Break ad with lasses gathering outside my office to watch me eat it.

Aye, you imagine that mate :lol:

Brought some of my pasta in for lunch today like. I imagine it'll be like the Diet Coke Break ad with lasses gathering outside my office to watch me eat it.

Aye, they've got a sweepstake going as to how much of it actually ends up down your shirt..

I'm a total fucking ninja in the kitchen, if i do say so myself. Thing is, since i paid her fatha £3000 for a brand new £6000 kitchen that the pric has failed to finish fitting (18 months) I stay out of the kitchen in protest.

Gonna lift the ban on myself shortly due to the amount of time I'll have on my hands so I'll finish the kitchen myself then start digging out a few of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's favourite recipes, as he is without any doubt the best chef going, couple this with the fresh produce from my recently aquired allotment and I'll be on the telly before you can say 'percy pepper'.

"Now it's time for some wacky creations with our favourite Geordie Chef, Wacky Jnr"

You heard it here first :lol:

I am planting some vegetables this week. Carrot's and Leeks. Know anywhere I can get some good seed potatoes?

It's penne man. No stringy whiplash. I'll be fine. :lol:

Penne rules. Spaghetti is for kids.

635005.jpg

Pressie for you and Scott.

Edited by catmag

:lol: That just puts that link in Outlook as an email address. I assume it's a bib though. :razz:

Aye, fixed. There's a spare one there for any of you other boys who can't cope with grown-up food :razz:

That's one of the most minging sights ever - a mother feeding her kid with one of those bibs on, then scooping the slops out the bib trough and feeding them that. :lol:

CLearly a distressing thought for you, since you'd much rather the leftovers went to you, eh? Fatty Arbuckle!

That's one of the most minging sights ever - a mother feeding her kid with one of those bibs on, then scooping the slops out the bib trough and feeding them that. :lol:

CLearly a distressing thought for you, since you'd much rather the leftovers went to you, eh? Fatty Arbuckle!

Coming from you? The fucking Trent leans sideways now matey!

That's one of the most minging sights ever - a mother feeding her kid with one of those bibs on, then scooping the slops out the bib trough and feeding them that. :blush:

Coming from you? The fucking Trent leans sideways now matey!

A-h-ho-ho-ho-ho!!!

Not. :lol:

I cook from scratch all the time these days, I used to be a dyed in the wool packet-sauce man.

now I'll make a bolognese that tastes great, my favourite dishes to make are a butterfly chicken breast, stuffed with garlic and bluecheese, wrapped in bacon served with herbed mash and baby veg

or

Penne Bolognese with little bacon bits in the sauce.

of course if I've not got much time a Blue-Cheese (or if they're in season spring onion) and Tuna Mayo melt on granary loaf tastes fucking awesome and only takes 10 minutes to make.

I tend to favour recipes that either take no fucking time what-so-ever like the tuna melt stuff, or stuff which takes little or no washing up like the bolognese. You only need two pans, a cutting board and two utensils for the bolognese. Where as, with the chicken you need the cutting boards, at least five untensils, two pans, a roasting dish.

probably the easiest thing I've made is Pasta with a cheddar sauce, fry the chicken with red onions once they're done, mix em up and sprinkle paprika around the outside of the plate to add to forkfuls whenever you fancy it.

p.s. I never use normal onions anymore, it has to be the red ones....

I'm gonna make a tuna-pasta bake tomorrow...

Made Spaghetti Tetrazzini ;) at the weekend, which was nice. Mind it had 500ml of double cream and 500g of Parmesan in, so it was horrendously bad for you. Won't be doing that one again or it'll ruin my figure, although it was nice.

Who even KNOWS what I'll knock up this weekend - I'm looking at beef rib with garlic rosemary roast potatoes. Or maybe a spinach risotto.

I'm just so talented in the kitchen it's untrue. :lol:

I turned my skills to the kitchen yesterday, knocking together a pasta dish from Jamie Oliver's latest book. And let me tell you, it was TO DIE FOR! :lol:

Think I might make something else from it later on in the week when I've worked my way through what's left of this pasta. Anyone else on here a budding GENIUS in the kitchen like me?

And never mind the "cooking is gay" stuff either. I'm impervious to it. ;)

I've been doing a beef in red wine, its delicious!! I used topside for it the other day instead of stewing beef and my god, it was melt in the mouth, served with diced swede, parsnip, carrot, shredded red cabbage and creamy mash, mmmm!

I have bought a slow cooker as my friend rekoned hers was a life saver, i havent unpacked it yet, not worth it now as we're moving soon, but i will get round to using it.