Cooking

Gemmill

A revelation to report!!!!!!

The Perfect Jacket Potato

Was reading a Guardian article on which results achieve the perfect Jacket Potato (as you do) and decided to give their choice a go. I can today confirm that I have indeed produced and partly eaten, Thee perfect Jacket potato.

The article is here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wor...t-jacket-potato

However let me save you the click and explain.

Take one quality baking potato, ideally Maris Piper, stab a few times with a fork and rinse under the tap. While it is still damp, sprinkle some salt on a plate and roll the Potato in the salt. Pre-heat your oven to 220c and bang as it is on the middle shelf for 1 hour 10 minutes.

Take it out and shake off as much nasty dangerous salt as possible and enjoy.

Perfect-jacket-potato-006.jpg

Making bolognese tonight. Will probably have the leftovers tomorrow and don't fancy pasta 2 nights running so may just have it with a bit of veg tonight.

Honey Dijon Chicken

2 tbsp flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

4 chicken breasts

2 tbsp liquid honey

2 tbsp dijon mustard

1 tbsp olive oil

On a piece of waxed paper, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken in mixture. In a small dish combine honey and mustard.

In a skillet heat the oil and quickly brown the chicken on both sides. Place on baking sheet and spread with the honey mixture. bake in over for 15 minutes on gas mark 4 or until no longer pink on the inside.

I don't have a skillet so made do with a frying pan. Got a bit smokey but it did the job. Piece of piss.

A revelation to report!!!!!!

The Perfect Jacket Potato

Was reading a Guardian article on which results achieve the perfect Jacket Potato (as you do) and decided to give their choice a go. I can today confirm that I have indeed produced and partly eaten, Thee perfect Jacket potato.

The article is here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wor...t-jacket-potato

However let me save you the click and explain.

Take one quality baking potato, ideally Maris Piper, stab a few times with a fork and rinse under the tap. While it is still damp, sprinkle some salt on a plate and roll the Potato in the salt. Pre-heat your oven to 220c and bang as it is on the middle shelf for 1 hour 10 minutes.

Take it out and shake off as much nasty dangerous salt as possible and enjoy.

Perfect-jacket-potato-006.jpg

Thats more or less how I've always done them anyway :( Sometimes if its a really big potato I give it 5-7 mins in the microwave first.

Recently we've had a couple jackets done all the way in the microwave (due to no cooker at the mo) and they have been very poor :icon_lol:

I'm pleased to report that the beef and red wine stew done in the slow cooker all day was incredibly tasty :(

The good thing about it is my son's has eaten his and the rest can be left on low without it spoiling ready for when hubby gets back from Hospital later.

I have to sleep most of the day tomorrow, so before I go to bed I will pop in some diced chicken, cubed potato, spring onions, peas, mushrooms, chicken stock, herbs, mustard and white wine and leave it on low for the whole day, brilliant!

i double bake mine, take it out cut in half scoop out and mash with cream butter salt and pepper, then back in the shells and back in the over for a little longer

CT has just jizzed and is frantically thinking of excuses to miss next weeks weighbridge.

:(

Loving your Last Fm list Ant :(

haha aye been getting in the mood for the gig early :icon_lol:

I've listened to loads of Queens lately, the more I listen the better they sound!!! Vastly underated.

OOpps :( back to cooking!!

i double bake mine, take it out cut in half scoop out and mash with cream butter salt and pepper, then back in the shells and back in the over for a little longer

CT has just jizzed and is frantically thinking of excuses to miss next weeks weighbridge.

Cheeky fucking bastard. :( as of today Im probably lighter than you fat monkey.

Cheeky fucking bastard. :icon_lol: as of today Im probably lighter than you fat monkey.

Muscle is heavier than fat, weedy boy :(

Got slow cooker on by 10am , bit of a gamble but added all sorts. Off to bed now, I'm liking this! No cooking to do when I get up later!

just the job.

What do you think of Kyuss?

/derailed

Kyuss Kyuss?

Just made some curried sweet potato and coconut soup.

wondered about this when I saw them in morrisons, Kyuss Kyuss / cous cous - what is it, and what is it like ?

What do you think of Kyuss?

/derailed

Kyuss Kyuss?

Just made some curried sweet potato and coconut soup.

wondered about this when I saw them in morrisons, Kyuss Kyuss / cous cous - what is it, and what is it like ?

:( Kyuss are a band Leazes.

Cous Cous is ok but hellish bland, gotta make sure you get some spices or tomatos mixed in with it to make it worth bothering with.

Tip from my hero Jamie that I had last night and was great: take a tub of cottage cheese, tip a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in, tear the leaves off a couple of sprigs of thyme and throw those in. Then grate the zest of a lemon in and stir it.

Tip from my hero Jamie that I had last night and was great: take a tub of cottage cheese, tip a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in, tear the leaves off a couple of sprigs of thyme and throw those in. Then grate the zest of a lemon in and stir it.

Then what?

Then what?

Then it looks like sick with bits in.