Cooking

Gemmill

You want to eat aldi beans.

They are delicious. (And better).

"When it came to tinned baked beans, Heinz certainly doesn’t mean beans, with testers rating Aldi’s own-label Corale baked beans as significantly better than Heinz – not only in appearance, but also for overall liking".

They are delicious. (And better).

"When it came to tinned baked beans, Heinz certainly doesn’t mean beans, with testers rating Aldi’s own-label Corale baked beans as significantly better than Heinz – not only in appearance, but also for overall liking".

Here's an equally valid quote-

" Aldi beans look and taste so similar to lumps of tramp smeg in ketchup that the two things are indistinguishable. I can only imagine them appealing to the same demographic that eats duck pizza and thinks metecting is a valid hobby. "- An Expert.

Wonder if CT thought they were better before he read the review telling him they were better ;)

They are nice like, as beans go. Not being a 5 year old, I don't eat them too often.

Most Aldi products are equally as good and often a lot better than Brands / other supermarkets. The main difference is the choice. You have a choice of two types of beans at Aldi and maybe five or six at asda.

The fruit and veg is a lot fresher than Asda but I think that's more to do with Asda storing their products in coolers for quite some time rather than direct to the shop.

We make most meals from scratch so it suits us, but there's little in the way of ready meals etc.

Finally there German wheat beer is top grade. I've taste tested loads since I got back from Germany (2010) and nothing has come close til now.

And finally finally, the money you save is just ridiculous.

Heinz beans 70p Asda

Aldi beans 29p

Roll that out over a weekly shop and Bobs your uncle.

the aldi wine selection is pretty good tbf. we stocked up on sauvignons and pinot noir last time we were there for about £5 a bottle, or less. good stuff too.

It's pretty good in general I reckon but the booze is class. Really good value and you get some ridiculous bargains (especially at Xmas). Like to go to Majestic and places like that too though as you can get a bit bored with their limited selection of wines after a while. They do keep introducing new ones though.

The tills at aldi/lidl (can't remember which one) are bollocks, like. Something like two tills for a whole supermarket, no bags, loads of hassle, loads of queueing. Fuck that. Besides, more eye candy at sainsbury.

Look at Mr. Sainsburys here. "Oh, I want to buy a punnet of strawberrys for £3.75 instead of a reasonable price" What a fucking liberty!

Sometimes you have to let rip at an Aussie to make sure they remember their place. This was one such occasion.