Cooking

Gemmill

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

@Dr Gloom

Strong recommend for this wife's recipe/approach with Sourdough. An absolute piece of piss to do (no kneading required) and good results (pics below). 

Narrative here:

https://foodbodsourdough.com/about-my-recipe/

Video here:

And lads, don't worry, you've read this far for something to take the piss out of.... Here's the photos:

20200529_153524_compress71.jpg

20200529_175227_compress70.jpg

Is that turn and fold? Didn’t watch the video but that’s how I do it too. Low intervention loaf 

On 29/05/2020 at 20:03, Dr Gloom said:

Is that turn and fold? Didn’t watch the video but that’s how I do it too. Low intervention loaf 

Sorry, I didn't spot this response. Aye, it never leaves the bowl so no mess. Just fold it over once every hour or so for 4 hours. On the bench overnight where it gets massive, then in proofing basket and in the fridge for 8 to 10 hours. 

Then cooked in a pot with a lid for 55 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sorry, I didn't spot this response. Aye, it never leaves the bowl so no mess. Just fold it over once every hour or so for 4 hours. On the bench overnight where it gets massive, then in proofing basket and in the fridge for 8 to 10 hours. 

Then cooked in a pot with a lid for 55 minutes. 

Much less hassle than going to the baker then? 

• Haha 4

Al's Kitchen on youtube, curry recipe's.

Takeaways are dead in this house.

Base gravy making is a major effort (like around 4 hours worth, on and off, but you get a good dozen portions worth, just carton up and freeze) but the resultant curries are unreal and can be made in 30-40 minutes. Piss easy.

Made the Dhansak (one of his new recipes) for first time at the weekend and it's the best I have eaten that I can remember. Honourable mention to the Chasni an all, unbelievably good.

For donkey's years we have tried to make proper tasting restaurant type curries and no matter what they were always not quite right, but these !!!!!!!!!!

If you like curry and want 100% top restaurant quality/taste, you can thank me later.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one, I'll have a look at this cheers. 

The gravy at first watch can be off putting/daunting (as it's got loads in it - some weird shit like half a spud (skin on) but it is SO fucking worth it.

"Base Gravy 2" is the one you want btw.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

The gravy at first watch can be off putting/daunting (as it's got loads in it - some weird shit like half a spud (skin on) but it is SO fucking worth it.

"Base Gravy 2" is the one you want btw.

Canny bit of graft in the base gravy, like you say. I bet it smells lush though. I might go all in on a big curry this weekend and see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Canny bit of graft in the base gravy, like you say. I bet it smells lush though. I might go all in on a big curry this weekend and see how it goes. 

Worst bit is peeling 50g of Garlic - around 2 full bulbs worth, what a chew on that is.

If you do it, top tip, don't get all ingredients set out, just work through them (onions first) and chuck in the pan as you go ;) 

First time we made it, sorted them all and set them out - added about 20 mins onto the chore :)

6L pan required mind.

That does sound like a good tip, cos that would have been me too. :lol:

Definitely got a big enough pan and have floated the idea of curry at the weekend with the missus, and she's in. Will report back... 

• Like 1

That curry he does looks the bollocks but there's no way I'd buy all of the stuff required, have time to do it all, have space in the freezer and go to all the effort for what would probably be a one off. (CT take note..... know thyself). ;)

• Haha 2