Cooking

Gemmill

It is a bit different aye, and the garlic paste you get from Asian shops is different again. Horses for courses really, sometimes you want fresh because the flavour is going to be more prominent, but in a curry (say) the paste is absolutely fine I reckon.

I made four curries tonight:

Cauliflower roasted in the oven with cumin seeds, garam masala, garlic and fresh coriander.

Spinach Dahl

Chana masala

And Paneer mirch masala. This one was bad ass. Loads of cream, ginger, chilli (fresh and powder), lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, garam masala etc mixed up with passata over the top of paneer, pan fried in cumin seeds, butter, salt and pepper. Loads of fresh coriander on top once done

:up: Went mussel picking last week when I was up in Scotland. Had one pan similar to what you had and knocked up another that was just the mussels fried in butter and some pancetta combined with plenty of crusty bread to dip in the juices. Amazing man.

I made four curries tonight:

Cauliflower roasted in the oven with cumin seeds, garam masala, garlic and fresh coriander.

Spinach Dahl

Chana masala

And Paneer mirch masala. This one was bad ass. Loads of cream, ginger, chilli (fresh and powder), lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, garam masala etc mixed up with passata over the top of paneer, pan fried in cumin seeds, butter, salt and pepper. Loads of fresh coriander on top once done

I reckon you and Meenz need a curry cook off.