Cooking

Gemmill

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cabbage carbonara. I thought it needed chicken as well. Also, I’m not keen on Gammon so used Smokey bacon. Also chucked in a couple of mushrooms.

Stages of creation before finally adding sour cream and mascarpone.

C9D83EB2-167C-4ECA-B37B-21A550F7C38A.thumb.jpeg.fac60c4056f9fb9c3f64d239eaf2f1ac.jpeg

i've definitely puked up something that looked similar to this before

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Swede that looks like noodles. Swoodles. 

9920CA01-8A21-4BE6-863D-FA608FB33787.jpeg

These things☝️

150-200g pancetta

4-6 egg yolks ( yolk only!!!!)

Parmesan or pecorino, freshly grated

Cook these, keep a cup of the cooking water. 

Cook 150-200g of pancetta, add a good old twist of black pepper drain off the oil when done. 

Whisk 4-6 egg yolks together, add a good handful of grated Parmesan or Pecorino ( no, cheddar will not “do”). 

Whisk in to the eggs about 2-3 tsp of the warm cooking water you definitely didn’t forget to save. 

Deglaze the pancetta pan with a bit of the water, add the noodles to it and stir them up. 

Take it off the heat, let it cool for a few minutes then stir the eggs through the noodles. 

Don’t put cabbage, chicken, mushrooms or anything else in it. 

Carbonara. 

• Like 1

mate, if you drop this keto bollocks you can eat normal noodles like the rest of us and you won't have to continue chowing down on stuff that a dog would turn their nose up at. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

These things☝️

150-200g pancetta

Cook 150-200g of pancetta, add a good old twist of black pepper drain off the oil when done. 

Whisk 4-6 egg yolks together, add a good handful of grated Parmesan or Pecorino ( no, cheddar will not “do”). 

Whisk in to the eggs about 2-3 tsp of the warm cooking water you definitely didn’t forget to save. 

Deglaze the pancetta pan with a bit of the water, add the noodles to it and stir them up. 

Take it off the heat, let it cool for a few minutes then stir the eggs through the noodles. 

Abracadabra. 

harry potter magic GIF by MONCHHICHI

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

These things☝️

150-200g pancetta

Carbonara. 

Cheers, I’ll give that a go next week. Slightly concerned about raw egg. I’m not Rocky :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

mate, if you drop this keto bollocks you can eat normal noodles like the rest of us and you won't have to continue chowing down on stuff that a dog would turn their nose up at. 

“The rest of us” :lol: 

Porker central this place.

• Haha 1

Call me radical but I'm going to suggest that, in the long run, allowing yourself pasta and other things in moderation is healthier than denying yourself, eating unsatisfactory alternatives and getting so depressed at your diet that you keep cracking and ending up hoying three duck pizzas or a vat of supermarket curry sauce down your neck just to feel alive. :dunno: 

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

“The rest of us” :lol: 

Porker central this place.

you just need to burn off more than you put in and eat a balanced nutrient-rich diet. it ain't rocket science.

these fad diets are never sustainable - you prove this perfectly as you swing from cabbage carbonara one week to lamb kofta pizza the next

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Hi guys! 

I made spaghetti bolognaise last night! 

how-to-cook-boiled-cabbage-3052247-hero-

:CT:

Is this the 30 pence meal tory cunt Lee Anderson was talking about btw? 

• Haha 1