Cooking

Gemmill

There's chocolate-flavoured phillie out for pancake day. It's nice. Might hoy some chilli flakes in it for tonight's effort. The obligatory lemon and sugar will get a run out too. Is Bernard's creperie still going btw?

Sticky Pork.

Any one who has been to Florida and wandered around the food section of the malls will have at some time encountered a smiling asian offering samples of sticky pork on a stick. (Im sure you get it elsewhere :) )

Anyone actual made this and have a decent recipe. Also any good recipes for a satay sauce like you get to dip your chicken in.

Made the sticky pork. Was ok but going to try a different recipe next time using some honey.

Also made baked onion bhajis using this recipe

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/16164/baked-onion-bhajis.aspx

Came out ok but quite bland if Im honest.

Made this raita dip which was very nice.

Ingredients

225g (8oz) of natural yoghurt

handful of mint leaves, finely chopped

1 tsp of sugar

½ tsp of turmeric

Method

Dissolve the sugar in a little boiling water and stir in the turmeric. Place the yoghurt in a bowl and add the mint and the turmeric mixture. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate until required.

Then decided to have a go a pataks onion bhaji recipe

http://www.pataks.co.uk/recipes/onion-bhajis-(onion-bhajias).aspx

They also have a video on youtube taking you through the steps. I followed it and mine looks like a car crash compared to hers. Have stuck it in the oven anyway as even if they dont turn out right, the taste might be okay.

Done for today. Some success some failure.

Its Pancake Day!

Lets see who really is the forums biggest Tosser.

:D I'll start the ball rolling with my plan for tonight, which is loosely based on this:

http://allrecipes.co...m-pancakes.aspx

That looks amazing. If we bother I'll probably have 'em with chicken & some leftover spinach. Can't be doing with the sugar/lemon rubbish.

Turned out really nice. Did it with feta instead of ricotta because of local ricotta shortages. :rolleyes: And forgot to take a photo for the forum :o

Just made a delicious chicken and sweetcorn soup.

1 Onion, peeled & diced

1 large Potato, peeled & cubed

1 x 12oz tin of Sweetcorn

1.5 Pints of Chicken Stock (2 cubes I used Knorr)

Salt & Pepper

Cooked chicken

Place ingredients into a large saucepan & bring to the boil.

Simmer for 30 minutes

Liquidise the shit out of it

Throw in diced up cooked chicken, warm up for a few minutes and serve.

Deliciousio :)

Edited by Christmas Tree

I'm making chicken soup. I slow cooked the carcass and veggies/herbs for 8 hours yesterday for the stock/broth which tastes like heaven! Today I will add the fresh veggies and thicken it up....mmmmm

God, that was a gay post.

I just said exactly the same thing to our lass about making my own stock after reading TR's post and she looked at me as though I was mad.

I once watched a Jamie Oliver episode where he did it like that and it looked the dogs bollocks tbf.

Edited by Christmas Tree