Cooking

Gemmill

If anyone likes a really nice French Dressing with a bit of a kick, can I point you in the direction of Marks and Spencers low fat French Dressing.

Its new out and is the one they are using in all their in store cafes.

It is absolutely lushville.

home made french dressing is the easiest thing in the world to make and makes an otherwise dull salad interesting.

three parts extra virgin olive oil to one part dijon mustard and one part white whine vinegar.

add salt and pepper. and half a clove of finely chopped raw garlic (if you like a bit of extra kick).

these days, i quite liker to simply dress my sald with a premium, unfiltered oilve oil and seasoning. simple, fresh as fuck and delicious.

5d603cdc-29b0-9cab.jpg

If anyone likes a really nice French Dressing with a bit of a kick, can I point you in the direction of Marks and Spencers low fat French Dressing.

Its new out and is the one they are using in all their in store cafes.

It is absolutely lushville.

home made french dressing is the easiest thing in the world to make and makes an otherwise dull salad interesting.

three parts extra virgin olive oil to one part dijon mustard and one part white whine vinegar.

add salt and pepper. and half a clove of finely chopped raw garlic (if you like a bit of extra kick).

these days, i quite liker to simply dress my sald with a premium, unfiltered oilve oil and seasoning. simple, fresh as fuck and delicious.

Aye, I used to just do the olive oil thing however we came across this last week while eating at Marksy's and it truly was fantastic.

Ingredients on the back include

Cider vinegar, sugar, lemon, honey, Cornflour, coarse grain mustard, black mustard seeds, spirit vinegar, Dijon mustard, chives, parsley, garlic, turmeric and coarse black pepper.

why buy it when you can make it? a home made version will be better for you and almost certainly taste better. plus it's fresh

I agree, it takes a minute to knock up your own.

(just noticed, in that list of ingredients, there's no oil!)

why buy it when you can make it? a home made version will be better for you and almost certainly taste better. plus it's fresh

I agree, it takes a minute to knock up your own.

(just noticed, in that list of ingredients, there's no oil!)

Hence the cornflour.

Oil emulsifies when you use it in a salad dressing which thickens the consistency, thereby allowing you to pour it over your salad without it running off the food. Duh. ;)

Your basic ingredients for a top salad dressing are simply three things: Oil, Sour and Sweet.

Obviously you can omit the sweet part, but why the hell would you want to do that? :D

I can't remember where I posted it in this thread, but this was the house dressing i made at the restaurant (I'm not sure about exact amounts, I always did it by taste):

175ml (at a guess) white wine vinegar

A few cloves of fresh garlic

Good pour of runny honey (we had some lush organic stuff)

A spoon of thyme

Good pinch of salt & pepper

Two big spoons of dijon mustard

Topped up with a generous amount of olive oil

Hoy all that in a blender and add in more oil/vinegar/honey until you get your preferred balance.