Cooking

Gemmill

Just tucking into some leftover couscous from last night's tagine.

Made with chicken stock, smoked paprika, lemon juice and with chopped courgette and sultanas inside. Also stirred in a spoon of mango chutney. Lursh.

I'm just about to start the dinner, fed up of cooking every day and trying to think what to have! :rolleyes: Tonight will be pork chops, mashed pots, savoy cabbage, broccoli and gravy. Home-made bakewell tart and custard for dessert. And if they dont like it then they can cook their own :huff:

Just had a belting sandwich.

Last night's tea was a spicy pork shoulder joint from M&S so I took the leftovers, hoyed it between some brown bread then chopped up a few peppardews and jalapeno chilies, topped off with a spread of sweet chilli sauce.

:D

Just had a belting sandwich.

Last night's tea was a spicy pork shoulder joint from M&S so I took the leftovers, hoyed it between some brown bread then chopped up a few peppardews and jalapeno chilies, topped off with a spread of sweet chilli sauce.

:D

Harrissa my friend. Get harissa if you're into your chillies.

Went to the Harbour Lights in South Shields for Sunday dinner. Honestly I can't stop telling people how amazing this place actually is, every time I have went the food has been absolutely superb, plus it also has a great selection of music on every time you are in. Definitely the best pub in Shields (not that there's much competition like).

xGVQU.jpg

I know I've mentioned it before but the head chef was a finalist on Masterchef a couple of years ago too.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2011/10/14/masterchef-finalist-john-calton-takes-head-chef-job-at-south-shields-pub-61634-29593569/

Looks beautiful that.

It certainly was. :)

The gravy was rosemary flavoured too. Plus the mint sauce to go with the lamb was of course home made and absolutely delicious. If people are looking for somewhere a bit different to go for Sunday dinner you really can't go wrong with the place.

Is it far from the Tyne ferry landing?

Might give it a shot one Sunday.

Nah it's not really that far at all. I don't know if you know where the Roman Fort is but it's just behind there.

Seems to be having quite a few teething problems at the Harbour lights and as such is getting quite a kicking on Trip advisor.

Lovely location overlooking the mouth of the Tyne and they sell Kronnenburg but on the Chef front its a bit bizarre.

We've been once for food to be told the Chef had gone (7 at night) and we also popped in for some grub on a Monday night and thought the menu was very limited and expensive (£1195 for fish and chips iirc).

The Sunday dinner does look nice ( how much?)

Best beer pub btw Johnny is The Maltings. Loads of real ale, erdinger on draught etc.

I have paid that price for the fish and chips there don't consider it expensive at all for how good the food actually is.

I'd much rather pay a little extra for high quality food rather than paying the same price for your generic frozen shite you get in a lot of pubs.

I wouldnt mind paying £12 either if it was in a restaurant where I had previously been and knew the food was spot on such as the Broad Chare.

However £12 in a pub in shields, having mixed reviews and with a chef who may or may not be on duty and may have left it to the Barmaid to warm up seems a risk not worth taking.