Cooking

Gemmill

If you're wise enough to not scratch your face or touch your private parts after handling chillies then you don't need to wear gloves.

Leaving the seeds in makes the dish spicier so it's a personal preference thing.

I'm making an epic chilli tonight with some dried allotment chillies and hot sauce. I shall be leaving the seeds in.

If you're wise enough to not scratch your face or touch your private parts after handling chillies then you don't need to wear gloves.

Leaving the seeds in makes the dish spicier so it's a personal preference thing.

I'm making an epic chilli tonight with some dried allotment chillies and hot sauce. I shall be leaving the seeds in.

Cheers. I left them in for the second batch and they were much nicer.

Used Chillis for the first time ever yesterday and the instructions said where gloves when using.

So there I was all done up with the disposable gloves I use for picking up the occasional dog turd in the garden and I thought to myself really....?

Do people normally where gloves?

The instructions also said get rid of the seeds but when the local chinese delivers them there is always seeds in the carton and they just seem to add to the flavour.

:lol:

Chinese night tonight in our House and all home made. :)

Chicken Satay on sticks

Salt and Pepper chicken (again) with egg fried rice.

Crispy duck and pancakes.

Stuffed by the time we got to the duck so just had a nibble.

34flisx.jpg

2drbaeq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting on the simplest and tastiest of suppers- Surf and Turf with Caesar's Salad and Garlic Bread.

Chargrilled Rump steaks from Nicholsons butchers in Whitley, prawns in garlic and white wine butter, Caesars salad. * garlic butter baguette.

* for CT- salad is a general term you'll be unfamiliar with, in this case it means Romaine Lettuce, Parmesan shavings , croutons and Caesars dressing. ;)

Is that Oliver Hardy in a guest slot on the bottom one ?

Mike Ashley ;)

Brock! Is there any reason why I can't make that key lime pie with lemons?

Naw it'll be fine

lemon with a bit of orange zest is a decent alternative

Lovely. Bought a load of lemons today with the intention of making something nice to take to work this weekend. I was going to do cheesecake but think I'll try the orange and lemon version.

Yeah of course, in fact I did it at the restaurant and it was lovely. I'd even add a teaspoon of sicilian lemon extract to the mix to make it even more lemony. :D

Divvent push it pet. I've only got Seaham Asda to get my ingredients from! :lol:

They do it in Sainsbury's! :P

The kidda's chef hat is quality btw!

Lush, isn't it? We were having a pretend picnic on the coffee table the other day and wanted to wear his hat while he dished up my pretendy dinner. Mebbes he's going to be the next Jamie Oliver..

Pork sarnie with chips plus home made gravy, home made apple sauce and crackling. All from that place that Christmas Tree thinks is shite despite the fact he has never been. By that I mean the Harbour Lights in South Shields.

img20120531185616.jpg

He'll have took one look at that and thought " Sandwich? Someone's being and nicked the bread!"

Looks feckin lush that mind.

I am about to tick into Chicken Tikka Saag from the best Indians in North Tyneside.

He'll have took one look at that and thought " Sandwich? Someone's being and nicked the bread!"

Looks feckin lush that mind.

I am about to tick into Chicken Tikka Saag from the best Indians in North Tyneside.

which one's that?