Ricky Gervais - online sale NOW (10PM)

Ugly Mackems

I used to love Gervais but now he's getting right on my tits. He's starting to get so far up his own arse it's unbelievable. What makes it even worse is that Merchant seems more genuinely funny than Gervais does and I wouldn't be suprised if he wrote some of Gervais' material.

Yeh good point. I know the Office was written by both of them, but I wonder how much Merchant actually put in to it. Barely gets any credit for the best program of all time. (:lol:) Plus, the Oggmonster is a fucking class character!

I'm really glad he won the Comedy award ahead of Gervais for his character in Extras. Him and Barry are fucking hilarious together :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love Gervais but now he's getting right on my tits. He's starting to get so far up his own arse it's unbelievable. What makes it even worse is that Merchant seems more genuinely funny than Gervais does and I wouldn't be suprised if he wrote some of Gervais' material.

Yeh good point. I know the Office was written by both of them, but I wonder how much Merchant actually put in to it. Barely gets any credit for the best program of all time. (:lol:) Plus, the Oggmonster is a fucking class character!

I'm really glad he won the Comedy award ahead of Gervais for his character in Extras. Him and Barry are fucking hilarious together :lol:

Aye, I love that scene where they sing Mustang Sally, "just having a little sing song!" :lol:

• 1 month later...

Yeh good point. I know the Office was written by both of them, but I wonder how much Merchant actually put in to it. Barely gets any credit for the best program of all time. (:blink:) Plus, the Oggmonster is a fucking class character!

I'm really glad he won the Comedy award ahead of Gervais for his character in Extras. Him and Barry are fucking hilarious together ;)

Aye, I love that scene where they sing Mustang Sally, "just having a little sing song!" :mellow:

Could I ask why you have a swastika in your details?

Yeh good point. I know the Office was written by both of them, but I wonder how much Merchant actually put in to it. Barely gets any credit for the best program of all time. (;)) Plus, the Oggmonster is a fucking class character!

I'm really glad he won the Comedy award ahead of Gervais for his character in Extras. Him and Barry are fucking hilarious together :razz:

Aye, I love that scene where they sing Mustang Sally, "just having a little sing song!" :mellow:

Have you just spotted that btw? :blink:

Its the baggage that comes with being an admin on N-O. :mellow:

The funny thing is, that's how he's NOT like.

He's always playing a role, it's just that spackers can't realise it, and take it at face value.

It's when he's talking to a chat show host, and they go, 'so you have a bafta' and he goes 'two, just to clear that up'

THATS A JOKE, THATS WHAT HE DOES. FFS

He's always playing a role, it's just that spackers can't realise it, and take it at face value.

It's when he's talking to a chat show host, and they go, 'so you have a bafta' and he goes 'two, just to clear that up'

He's always done it, right from when he was on the 11 o'clock show and played an obnoxious character but used his real name instead of creating a character name. Its always a joke, but because he delivers it in an understated realisitic way some people seem incapable of seperating what he's really like from his joking about.

In real life you hear/read very little about him as he is pretty quiet and down to earth, keeps to himself and doesn't spend all his time at celeb functions, events and going to "the opening of an envelope", he goes to awards ceremonies and the like but, people know very little about his private life because he doesn't broadcast it everywhere.

One of the reasons he gets all these people to work with/for him (on top of how good he and Merchant are) is that people like him (the real him, not the character some people fall for).

Pretty much everything he's done has been great and a success from The Office, Extras, his radio show and podcasts, his 2 (now 3) stand up tours and his debut on the 11 o'clock show, only his chat show didn't work as well as the rest.

But in this country if you dare to be continually successful and worse a success over in the USA then people here will hate you, its a characteristic of this country, build people up, then think they're above themselves and knock them down!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Its the baggage that comes with being an admin on N-O. :blink:

Ally has two Baftas? :mellow:

I realise that. It's not a funny joke though. Creating a twattish persona to hide behind is if anything more twattish than just being a twat in itself.

Its the baggage that comes with being an admin on N-O. :blink:

I realise that. It's not a funny joke though. Creating a twattish persona to hide behind is if anything more twattish than just being a twat in itself.

He's a very funny bloke tbh. The "I'm great, look at my awards" stuff is just daftness. It doesn't define his act or anything.

I just like how he can be a complete bastard about serious issues as well. Some of the stuff about his work for cancer charities last night - Jesus wept! :mellow:;)

Yeh good point. I know the Office was written by both of them, but I wonder how much Merchant actually put in to it. Barely gets any credit for the best program of all time. (;)) Plus, the Oggmonster is a fucking class character!

I'm really glad he won the Comedy award ahead of Gervais for his character in Extras. Him and Barry are fucking hilarious together :rolleyes:

Aye, I love that scene where they sing Mustang Sally, "just having a little sing song!" :lol:

Have you just spotted that btw? :unsure:

Yes I normally don't pay alot of attention to that stuff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6385881.stm

Lovely fella.

(Aren't they illegal? :( )

Staffies? No.

Now I know you're on the pills Dave.

An intelligent man like you, not liking The Office? Shitting christ :blink:

Speaking of intelligence, the quote function isn't that difficult to use... :)

I've never used, and will probably never use the quote function on Toontastic properly. :(