Cheryl Cole

MrBass

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=100232012

Cheryl Ann Cole, neé Tweedy, (born 30 June 1983) is an English singer and member of the girl group Girls Aloud. She is married to the Chelsea and England footballer Ashley Cole, the marriage is one of convenience due to Cole being a homosexual and Tweedy being a racist.

:lol:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Wikipedia work then? Surely, if anyone can spout any old random shite they want (not necessarily so in this case :lol:), it's a fairly poor resource?

it works because there are more people willing to make it work than fuck it up

How does Wikipedia work then? Surely, if anyone can spout any old random shite they want (not necessarily so in this case :lol:), it's a fairly poor resource?

Anyone can edit it, which makes it an excellent way to win arguments with stupid people who don't know that. Next time you get into a disagreement with someone about something, go on Wikipedia, write something that supports your argument and email them a link.

You can only edit certain pages I think with the more contentious issues only being able to be edited by those with passwords. And it's a canny resource imo.

Wikipedia is fucking class when doing essays like, theres articles on pretty much anything you need.

And how does this help your education? Using non-peer reviewed sources tainted by personal opinion and blatently open to abuse. Tch.

Anyone can edit it, which makes it an excellent way to win arguments with stupid people who don't know that. Next time you get into a disagreement with someone about something, go on Wikipedia, write something that supports your argument and email them a link.

Just don't do it when you're signed in with a recognisable name and trying to convince someone of the existance of an imaginary German newpaper.

Edited by ewerk

I'll often use Wiki to get an overview of a subject and as a springboard to more reliable sources, so it serves its purpose well in that sense, just like I wouldn't write an academic piece with Britannica as my only source.

I'll also often use Wiki as a way of turning 2am on a weeknight into 6am. :lol:

I'll often use Wiki to get an overview of a subject and as a springboard to more reliable sources, so it serves its purpose well in that sense, just like I wouldn't write an academic piece with Britannica as my only source.

I'd never base any work on it, but its often useful just for a brief background to something. For example i'm currently doing something on the collectivisation of Soviet agriculture, and i've got piles of books on it, but pages like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectivization_in_the_USSR are canny useful, even for things like definitions, Russian words etc.

I doubt anyone is pathetic enough to sabotage statistics about grain collections in the 1930s. :lol:

I'd never base any work on it, but its often useful just for a brief background to something. For example i'm currently doing something on the collectivisation of Soviet agriculture, and i've got piles of books on it, but pages like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectivization_in_the_USSR are canny useful, even for things like definitions, Russian words etc.

I doubt anyone is pathetic enough to sabotage statistics about grain collections in the 1930s. :lol:

You've obviously never entered into an argument with Parky then :lol:

Fucking hell Ally, your degree sounds thrilling! How did you manage to pick such a dull as fuck subject!?

Says the accountant. :lol:

My degree was boring, but (it wasn't accountancy btw), at least it was mostly numbers and there was a readily attainable right or wrong answer. You're having to wade through stuff about grain collections in 1930s Russia ffs! :razz:

Besides, I bet accountancy pays better than being a historian......although historians have better beards. :razz:

Fucking hell Ally, your degree sounds thrilling! How did you manage to pick such a dull as fuck subject!?

My degree was boring, but (it wasn't accountancy btw), at least it was mostly numbers and there was a readily attainable right or wrong answer. You're having to wade through stuff about grain collections in 1930s Russia ffs! :razz:

Besides, I bet accountancy pays better than being a historian......although historians have better beards. :razz:

Like fuck i'm being a historian! :razz:

Its not so much about the actual figures, more about the consequences of a few bad years of collections on the peasantry. Its actually quite interesting as history goes, you ignorant git. :razz:

Guest Patrokles

Its not so much about the actual figures, more about the consequences of a few bad years of collections on the peasantry. Its actually quite interesting as history goes, you ignorant git. :razz:

I'd have to disagree with you there. I think a lot of history is extremely interesting.

I'd have to disagree with you there. I think a lot of history is extremely interesting.

A lot more of it isn't though. :razz:

Although anyone can edit it, it is useful for essays and stuff as a lot of it is referenced. I'm using it now to prepare for a presentation actually. :D

Guest Patrokles

A lot more of it isn't though. :razz:

I'd be willing to bet that you're too ignorant re. much of history to make that a valid statement.