Cheryl Cole

MrBass

Fucking hell Ally, your degree sounds thrilling! How did you manage to pick such a dull as fuck subject!?

Says the accountant. :lol:

My degree was boring, but (it wasn't accountancy btw), at least it was mostly numbers and there was a readily attainable right or wrong answer. You're having to wade through stuff about grain collections in 1930s Russia ffs! :razz:

Besides, I bet accountancy pays better than being a historian......although historians have better beards. :razz:

Like fuck i'm being a historian! :razz:

Its not so much about the actual figures, more about the consequences of a few bad years of collections on the peasantry. Its actually quite interesting as history goes, you ignorant git. :razz:

I'd have to disagree with you there. I think a lot of history is extremely interesting.

A lot more of it isn't though. :razz:

I'd be willing to bet that you're too ignorant re. much of history to make that a valid statement.

Actually, you pretentious git, I agree that a lot of history is interesting. But when you consider that history contains everything that has ever happened, a lot more of it will be tedious in the extreme.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell Ally, your degree sounds thrilling! How did you manage to pick such a dull as fuck subject!?

My degree was boring, but (it wasn't accountancy btw), at least it was mostly numbers and there was a readily attainable right or wrong answer. You're having to wade through stuff about grain collections in 1930s Russia ffs! :razz:

Besides, I bet accountancy pays better than being a historian......although historians have better beards. :razz:

Its not so much about the actual figures, more about the consequences of a few bad years of collections on the peasantry. Its actually quite interesting as history goes, you ignorant git. :razz:

I'd have to disagree with you there. I think a lot of history is extremely interesting.

I'd be willing to bet that you're too ignorant re. much of history to make that a valid statement.

Actually, you pretentious git, I agree that a lot of history is interesting. But when you consider that history contains everything that has ever happened, a lot more of it will be tedious in the extreme.

Aye exactly. Everyone finds different parts of history interesting, yet to meet ANYONE who thinks that every period of history is 'extremely interesting'.

History is just the past that has been recorded tttt.

pwned!

Point still stands, oypt.

Point still stands, oypt.

O..... You Pedantic Twat????

O..... You Pedantic Twat????

Obviously, obviously. 3/4. :lol:

I'm usually good with those but I couldn't get the first word for the life of me. If it wasn't obvious it should have been.

Wasn't really being pedantic, there's a massive difference between recorded history and everything that has ever taken place, even what has happened in the last 200 years or so, but especially in the more distant past.

Wasn't really being pedantic, there's a massive difference between recorded history and everything that has ever taken place, even what has happened in the last 200 years or so, but especially in the more distant past.

It's hardly pedantic. Thats the essential difference is it not? One is history and one is pre-history.

It's hardly pedantic. Thats the essential difference is it not? One is history and one is pre-history.

Well, there is that, but I was also making the distinction between history and everyday life (especially hundreds of years ago) that went completely unrecorded. History then tended to about big events. Perhaps I am being pedantic :lol::razz: For a change :razz:

Correctamundo.

Well, there is that, but I was also making the distinction between history and everyday life (especially hundreds of years ago) that went completely unrecorded. History then tended to about big events. Perhaps I am being pedantic :lol::razz: For a change :razz:

Alex exposed as having bluffed his way through the thread there.

Correctamundo.

ayethangyew

History A-Level Grade A to back that shit up. And thats when A-Levels were still hard!

Correctamundo.

ayethangyew

History A-Level Grade A to back that shit up. And thats when A-Levels were still hard!

I can only conquer what is put in front of me. :lol:

Alex exposed as having bluffed his way through the thread there.

I'm aware of the difference between history and pre-history numbnuts. It's canny fucking obvious like.

Edit: I only got a B btw, so I'll bow to you on that one. :razz:

Edited by alex

Whilst I agree that History is just what is recorded, and therefore before things were recorded it is pre-history.

There have been things which occured during the times of recorded history which weren't recorded because they weren't deemed important.

They're not pre-history though.

Fuck me this got quickly boring didnt it! :lol:

Some history is interesting, some history isnt but talking about the difference between history and pre-history is certainly FUCKING BORING!

My first lecture at University was entitled 'What is history?' Last year I had a module on the 'History of History', and as of next week I have a module entitled 'Rethinking History'.

Now that is fucking boring!

Whilst I agree that History is just what is recorded, and therefore before things were recorded it is pre-history.

There have been things which occured during the times of recorded history which weren't recorded because they weren't deemed important.

They're not pre-history though.

They were only one persons interpretation of events too. Imagine if in 1000years time we found either hitlers or churchills diary describing the war. Both records of history, but both vastly different. Hence the problem with reliability of any historical documents.