Newcastle vs Birmingham

Baggio

As for the Luque factor, what have Pattison & O'Brien done the last 3 games that Luque didn't? And Carroll looked the spitting double of him, just jogging around looking like he was closing the defenders down with minimal effort for 10 minutes. I'm now round to the fact he's been sh*t for us and will be a failure, but people who'd still sooner have Pattison, O'Brien or Carroll ahead of him want to f*cking look at themselves tbh.

10 mins? Get a fucking grip. Andy Carroll will score goals for NUFC. Fact. How can you judge a players attitude on 10 mins? Already getting hammered, end of the game, with ten men.

:lol: Fuck me ON.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching sky sports news now,and Roeder has a frog in his throat,or is that embarrassment

?hmmm! anyway,he's after a quick answer on saturday to tonights shite and a quick pick me up :lol:

classic interview.

put's me at ease when i get my zzzZZZ's tonight looking ahead to the west ham match.

How's it "fact"?! I saw him mope around for 10 minutes but didn't close down, didn't win one ball which came upto him. People are quick enough to write-off big money signings within 10-15 minutes so why can't I say Carroll will be lucky to make it as a League Two striker after the same time?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

This game reminds me of the Villa 4-1 from 2 years ago but without the fisty cuffs. Fans were starting to get behind the manager at the time after an impressive run (think it was 1 defeat in 12 or something before that Villa match), then bang, reality check.

Wasn't that Fulham? :lol:

The Fulham 4-1 was when Crossley had a blinder, although I think the Villa match was 0-3.

That's the one. The Fulham one was just a freak result. We battered them. The Villa one is what I meant.

I'm beginning to think thats why we are here.

How's it "fact"?! I saw him mope around for 10 minutes but didn't close down, didn't win one ball which came upto him. People are quick enough to write-off big money signings within 10-15 minutes so why can't I say Carroll will be lucky to make it as a League Two striker after the same time?

Because you've seen the lad for 10 mins...

I'm not writing off big money signings, I'm writing of Luque.

Because you've seen the lad for 10 mins...

I'm not writing off big money signings, I'm writing of Luque.

:lol:

Oh, you're serious, aye?

;)

Optimistic Nut

Though i agree with most of what you say,10 min is not enough to judge him

Agree with having to use Luque,tbh he can't be worst then any of the players that played tonight,if he does something we might actually get one or two decent offers for him..

As for the Luque factor, what have Pattison & O'Brien done the last 3 games that Luque didn't? And Carroll looked the spitting double of him, just jogging around looking like he was closing the defenders down with minimal effort for 10 minutes. I'm now round to the fact he's been sh*t for us and will be a failure, but people who'd still sooner have Pattison, O'Brien or Carroll ahead of him want to f*cking look at themselves tbh.

I couldn't give a fuck which of them starts tbh, all I know is that none of them should be.

Still hate booing the team off, no matter how shit, it's lack of class.

If ever a team deserved booing off, it was that lot tonight. 5-1, at home to fucking Birmingham.

True, true, but I still hate it, silence is enough for me, soft cunt I am.

If ever a team deserved booing off, it was that lot tonight. 5-1, at home to fucking Birmingham.

So yeah, maybe justified this time, but I still hate it.

dyer sibi and pattison were awful tonight.

actually now i think about it the only player who tried was martins, but even he was mediocre.

if i was owen id be seriouslt depressed right now!

Certainly agree with you about Sibi & Pattison but I think Dyer was our best player in the first half by a country mile (nowt to brag about, I know...)

Dyer, Martins, Milner & Given put in some effort - there rest were pure shite!

I'm not a fan, and had I been there I wouldn't have booed (it sounds so fucking stupid) but I think they deserved it tonight.

Roeder accepted his side were poor against Birmingham

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder admitted his side let their fans down in their humiliating 5-1 defeat by Championship side Birmingham in the FA Cup.

"I apologise to the fans," Roeder said. "I think apologies are due after such a lack of performance from everybody.

"I certainly had no indication there was going to be a performance like that - this was the same 11 players who beat Tottenham on Sunday.

"We never got going all night and in the end we have been badly punished."

Newcastle fell behind to Gary McSheffrey's goal after just five minutes and Roeder felt they rarely looked like getting back into the game.

It was just a rank bad performance and a humiliating defeat at home

Glenn Roeder

"We never recovered from going a goal down," he added. "I expected a much bigger response than there was - there was no response whatsoever.

"You could argue that there was tiredness from Sunday's game but I am not here to make excuses.

"It was just a rank bad performance and a humiliating defeat at home."

The Magpies' next test is a home game against West Ham and Roeder says he wants an instant response to this defeat.

"Somehow we have to put it behind us, hopefully in the manner that Liverpool did after they were beaten 6-3 at home by Arsenal and came out the next game and beat Watford.

"So we have to pick ourselves up. We have to be men about it, not boys.

"We have to stand up to be counted not scurry away and hide and I am sure we will come out fighting and put on a performance on Saturday that our fans deserve."

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce was jubilant after his side's thumping victory at St James Park.

Bruce said: "I just detected the boys wanted to come on live TV and put on a show - and that is what they did.

"We were outstanding and to come up here and win 5-1 is one heck of a result. They are crippled by injuries but we beat them comprehensively.

"They could not deal with the ball in behind them and our attacking players were lethal in the final third."

I'm not a fan, and had I been there I wouldn't have booed (it sounds so fucking stupid) but I think they deserved it tonight.

I was, but more weird was "we can see you sneaking home" from a corporate box. I'm glad someone was 'brave' enough to have a word. On the whole, people in those boxes don't go often so have no business telling people not to fuck off early.