Newcastle vs Birmingham

Baggio

Still hate booing the team off, no matter how shit, it's lack of class.

If ever a team deserved booing off, it was that lot tonight. 5-1, at home to fucking Birmingham.

True, true, but I still hate it, silence is enough for me, soft cunt I am.

So yeah, maybe justified this time, but I still hate it.

I'm not a fan, and had I been there I wouldn't have booed (it sounds so fucking stupid) but I think they deserved it tonight.

I was, but more weird was "we can see you sneaking home" from a corporate box. I'm glad someone was 'brave' enough to have a word. On the whole, people in those boxes don't go often so have no business telling people not to fuck off early.

I hate people leaving early usually and I've never done it since I missed a Damien Henderson goal for Hartlepool when I was about 8 and my dad wanted to get to the car, but when the 4th went in tonight, I was a goner.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever a team deserved booing off, it was that lot tonight. 5-1, at home to fucking Birmingham.

I'm not a fan, and had I been there I wouldn't have booed (it sounds so fucking stupid) but I think they deserved it tonight.

I was, but more weird was "we can see you sneaking home" from a corporate box. I'm glad someone was 'brave' enough to have a word. On the whole, people in those boxes don't go often so have no business telling people not to fuck off early.

Key point being "on the whole" - you do get dyed-in-the-wool fans in the boxes too. Hearing raised voices from a corporate box in any context, positive or negative, is still a surprise though. Were they immediately arrested by a crack team of fat bastard security guards?

I hate people leaving early usually and I've never done it since I missed a Damien Henderson goal for Hartlepool when I was about 8 and my dad wanted to get to the car, but when the 4th went in tonight, I was a goner.

I'm not 8 (like at all), but I did suggest leaving a few minutes early today. He put me right.....to the bitter end.

Key point being "on the whole" - you do get dyed-in-the-wool fans in the boxes too. Hearing raised voices from a corporate box in any context, positive or negative, is still a surprise though. Were they immediately arrested by a crack team of fat bastard security guards?

Hehe, I've no idea how often they go, and I said nowt, but some bloke was having a go, well it was something fun to watch instead of the dying seconds of a terrible game.

I actually thought Milner, Dyer and Given were decent tonight, however butt and solano just couldnt pass a ball, Martins held on to it too long, Le Sib never got much of a look in, Pattison touched it about 4 times the whole game (Its clear that the rest of the team dont think he's good enough) and the back four were just a comical group of idiots. Its amazing to think that these are richly rewarded to play football and train every day but tonight they couldnt even do the simple things right. Unreal

well I hope that we all agree that what this club should make as it's priority, is the forward line...

I mean the defence were in no way to blame for that abject performance, clearly a wonder-striker would have cured all our ailments. I genuinely can't think of a goal scored tonight, that wasn't down to poor defending...

but lets spend £9m on a striker instead of a full back and a centre half

well I hope that we all agree that what this club should make as it's priority, is the forward line...

I mean the defence were in no way to blame for that abject performance, clearly a wonder-striker would have cured all our ailments. I genuinely can't think of a goal scored tonight, that wasn't down to poor defending...

but lets spend £9m on a striker instead of a full back and a centre half

Harsh sarcasm.

Seriously though, let's just give Given a sub-machine gun and we're sorted.

I actually thought Milner, Dyer and Given were decent tonight, however butt and solano just couldnt pass a ball, Martins held on to it too long, Le Sib never got much of a look in, Pattison touched it about 4 times the whole game (Its clear that the rest of the team dont think he's good enough) and the back four were just a comical group of idiots. Its amazing to think that these are richly rewarded to play football and train every day but tonight they couldnt even do the simple things right. Unreal

Apart from the Goal Milner was just as atrocious as everyone else. Constantly running into blind alleys and failing to deliver anything like a decent ball.

Roeder accepted his side were poor against Birmingham

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder admitted his side let their fans down in their humiliating 5-1 defeat by Championship side Birmingham in the FA Cup.

"I apologise to the fans," Roeder said. "I think apologies are due after such a lack of performance from everybody.

"I certainly had no indication there was going to be a performance like that - this was the same 11 players who beat Tottenham on Sunday.

"We never got going all night and in the end we have been badly punished."

Newcastle fell behind to Gary McSheffrey's goal after just five minutes and Roeder felt they rarely looked like getting back into the game.

It was just a rank bad performance and a humiliating defeat at home

Glenn Roeder

"We never recovered from going a goal down," he added. "I expected a much bigger response than there was - there was no response whatsoever.

"You could argue that there was tiredness from Sunday's game but I am not here to make excuses.

"It was just a rank bad performance and a humiliating defeat at home."

The Magpies' next test is a home game against West Ham and Roeder says he wants an instant response to this defeat.

"Somehow we have to put it behind us, hopefully in the manner that Liverpool did after they were beaten 6-3 at home by Arsenal and came out the next game and beat Watford.

"So we have to pick ourselves up. We have to be men about it, not boys.

"We have to stand up to be counted not scurry away and hide and I am sure we will come out fighting and put on a performance on Saturday that our fans deserve."

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce was jubilant after his side's thumping victory at St James Park.

Bruce said: "I just detected the boys wanted to come on live TV and put on a show - and that is what they did.

"We were outstanding and to come up here and win 5-1 is one heck of a result. They are crippled by injuries but we beat them comprehensively.

"They could not deal with the ball in behind them and our attacking players were lethal in the final third."

That translates to what i said in the first half. They seemed physically stronger and taller and no your right Steve Bruce we couldn`t deal with your team punting the ball up field all night. He knew with some of the football Butt, Dyer and Martins could produce with the ball on the deck would have got to them. Its been like that for a while now, the back 4 just havn`t been getting distance on the clearences and when they did it was straight to the away team. Can anyone remember Ramage attempting a Bramble pass, only it got to about the half way line.

All an opposing manager has to do is watch a video of Shay punting the ball upfield 98% of the time to anyone but our players. I can`t remember many headers being won last night or Sunday tbh.

Probably get mocked for this like, but I think we sorely missed either Parker or Emre last night (or both). Butt looked like a man who had been out ill the week before (the impression I got was that Sunday was played on adrenilin and last night was a game too much) and we needed one of those two to get hold of the game in the middle and stem the flow. Not saying it would have helped the absmal defending but it might have kept us going.

Pattison needs dropped and I'd put Dyer out wide where Milner is and bring the other two back into the middle if and when fit obviously. When's Duff supposed to be back?

As for the back four, if we don't sign one each of centre-half, right fullback and left full back then we're a bit screwed. Can't see it happening like.

Probably get mocked for this like, but I think we sorely missed either Parker or Emre last night (or both). Butt looked like a man who had been out ill the week before (the impression I got was that Sunday was played on adrenilin and last night was a game too much) and we needed one of those two to get hold of the game in the middle and stem the flow. Not saying it would have helped the absmal defending but it might have kept us going.

Pattison needs dropped and I'd put Dyer out wide where Milner is and bring the other two back into the middle if and when fit obviously. When's Duff supposed to be back?

As for the back four, if we don't sign one each of centre-half, right fullback and left full back then we're a bit screwed. Can't see it happening like.

Agree with that tbh, good assessment.

A fucking disgrace that was. A massive pile of shite.

I walked out after the fifth - I usually hate leaving before full time, but I was cold, embarrassed and angry.

As I left the steward by the exit said "that's the worst game I've seen" and I walked away from the ground thinking that I must have seen worse, but I couldn't think of anything.

I remember things like getting beaten by Southend 4-0 away, but I wasn't actually there.

Can't see us getting another centre half, we have about 6. We are absolutely desperate for a left back though.

Don't like slagging players off, but Ramage's performance last night was worthy of slagging of the highest order...

Can't see us getting another centre half, we have about 6. We are absolutely desperate for a left back though.

Don't like slagging players off, but Ramage's performance last night was worthy of slagging of the highest order...

We need someone who can keep the other defenders in line and be a commanding and calm presence at the back. Ramage was starting to get the hang of the ordering about part but last night could hardly order his own taxi. Taylor is like a bull in a china shop at the best of times and does he have some inferiority complex about his pace or does he have none. I know Ramage is slow but I thought Taylor was supposed to be fairly quick. If so why was he always a yard behind the line and had to go for the man (Campbell) as opposed to going after the ball when he had a head start.

Also having the goalkeeper captaining the side is a mistake in my opinion. Can't drive the team forward from there.

We need someone who can keep the other defenders in line and be a commanding and calm presence at the back. Ramage was starting to get the hang of the ordering about part but last night could hardly order his own taxi. Taylor is like a bull in a china shop at the best of times and does he have some inferiority complex about his pace or does he have none. I know Ramage is slow but I thought Taylor was supposed to be fairly quick. If so why was he always a yard behind the line and had to go for the man (Campbell) as opposed to going after the ball when he had a head start.

Also having the goalkeeper captaining the side is a mistake in my opinion. Can't drive the team forward from there.

Campbell's lightning quick though.

I'm sure you were on the box for a good while after Milner scored. Were you in the Gallowgate, low down?

If not, you've got a dead-ringer.