Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Difference being these have risen in price year on year for 25 years. Only going to make money on it when I come to sell it. Same with pinball machines. Made 2k on the last one I sold. If you're going to have a hobby it may as well be a profitable one

Howay man, I bet it's only about £150 now. How much profit you going to make on something like that? £50 over 10 years :lol:

An Omega I bought less than 3 years ago now retails at £500 more than it did then.

Howay man, I bet it's only about £150 now. How much profit you going to make on something like that? £50 over 10 years :lol:

An Omega I bought less than 3 years ago now retails at £500 more than it did then.

That kind of proves my point about the resale though. You aren't going to sell it for anymore than you bought it for because for the relatively small difference people would rather buy NIB

I was just pointing out the profit would be negligible tbh. Plus, you'd have to not wear it to keep it in mint condition. This is doing nowt to allay Stevie's Michael J. Fox comparisons btw ;)

Edited by alex

You can buy swatch protectors to wear over the top to protect them, and they don't look shit at all :lol:

I remember them :lol:

Omega and Swatch are the same company as it happens. They didn't wear fucking Swatches on the Apollo missions though ;)

Bloody hell if I had £250 to spunk away as a gift I don't think I'd be thinking about selling it on the moment I bought it!

Each to their own - I'm sure MT will eventually show us this shirt that'll make your watch seem like it wasn't nicked from a lost & found at a community pool.

They didn't wear 90% of the new Moon watches on the moon either! There's a ton of variations on the same watch. The earliest models sell for a shit load!

Mine's the same model they wore although I bought it brand new rather than a vintage* model.

*That's the correct use of the word btw.

Joke!

They didn't wear 90% of the new Moon watches on the moon either! There's a ton of variations on the same watch. The earliest models sell for a shit load!

Mine's the same model they wore although I bought it brand new rather than a vintage* model.

*That's the correct use of the word btw.

Joke!

Vintage is something of 'a certain era'

1987 falls under that!

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=vintage&o=0&l=dir