Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

It takes a fraction of a second to register and unlock, so they'll have to not try any daft shit. They'll soon learn though.

You can have problems if the chip has migrated. It worked fine with both of ours when we registered them on it (basically put it in learning mode and get the cat to stick its head in the opening), so theirs must still be in their neck. Where you do have problems, you can buy a little tag that goes on their collar which does the same thing. It's RF technology, whatever that means.

Honestly just means Radio Frequency technology, which isn't particularly enlightening.

As an aside, I'd definitely get chipped myself. So the phone only works when you're in a certain range of it, ditto your car, your house learns to put the heating on when you're within a certain range, or whatever.

If it's microchipped it doesn't need a collar. The microchip under its skin is what opens the catflap, so only your cat can get in.

What if another cat crawls underneath your cat whilst your cat enters through your flap, Odysseus style?

Homer 1 -0 Techy Flap

We purchased a locator chip for our cat's collar recently. Young Horatio has a habit of wandering off into the distance if it gets any later than 11pm. Unfortunately he's not very good at being able to find his way back and we've been very lucky in the past to get him back when he's ended up over 4 miles away.

The tracker is great though - It starts beeping frantically when we're within 100m of him at which point the little shit's hauled in for the night.

GPS technology for cats seems to be getting there too - I'm tempted.

Edited by noaliasmike

We purchased a locator chip for our cat's collar recently. Young Horatio has a habit of wandering off into the distance if it gets any later than 11pm. Unfortunately he's not very good at being able to find his way back and we've been very lucky in the past to get him back when he's ended up over 4 miles away.

The tracker is great though - It starts beeping frantically when we're within 100m of him at which point the little shit's hauled in for the night.

GPS technology for cats seems to be getting there too - I'm tempted.

Is that the loc8tor thing? Been looking into it too after one of ours spent a full 24 Hours away the other day.

What if another cat crawls underneath your cat whilst your cat enters through your flap, Odysseus style?

Homer 1 -0 Techy Flap

:lol: They can get round it by tailgating our cat before the flap has had a chance to close and re-lock. But then I'll lace them.

Is that the loc8tor thing? Been looking into it too after one of ours spent a full 24 Hours away the other day.

That's right. Ideally I wanted a full blown GPS chip but the technology is just too big for cats at the minute.

The loc8or chip along with the waterproof container fits on the collar without being awkward for the boy, although it's still slightly larger than I would like.

Speak of the devil the little bugger's just walked through the door so I've taken a snap so you can see how big it is:

3166ctt.jpg

I think it's great though and does exactly what we need it to do, although I must point out that where we live there are lots of fields, bushes and trees which the loc8or handles with ease. Swap those with lots of walls and buildings in a built up area and you may not get the same result.

Edited by noaliasmike

Nice one, I'm gonna get one ordered. We live on an estate so might struggle but at least if we walk around a bit it should hopefully pick them up.

For the most part they come home anyway, so I don't plan on making a habit of it, just for occasions like the other day when he fucked off for a full day and night.

Thanks for the photo anyway. I had a look at GPS too and the price and size of the chips was ridiculous. Once they get that sorted though I'll make the switch.

Trying to train these twats to use the catflap now. One of them gets it but still isn't 100%, the other one just isn't interested.

Nice one, I'm gonna get one ordered. We live on an estate so might struggle but at least if we walk around a bit it should hopefully pick them up.

For the most part they come home anyway, so I don't plan on making a habit of it, just for occasions like the other day when he fucked off for a full day and night.

Thanks for the photo anyway. I had a look at GPS too and the price and size of the chips was ridiculous. Once they get that sorted though I'll make the switch.

Trying to train these twats to use the catflap now. One of them gets it but still isn't 100%, the other one just isn't interested.

You should know by now that it's fucking impossible to get any cat to do something it doesn't want to do :lol:

Hoping to get my 2 back soon. I've missed them horribly.

You should know by now that it's fucking impossible to get any cat to do something it doesn't want to do :lol:

:lol:

I surely can't be the only one suppressing the urge to reply that part of Cat's post?

(enjoy your hols!)

:D

:lol:

I surely can't be the only one suppressing the urge to reply that part of Cat's post?

(enjoy your hols!)

:D

Us Cats are stubborn creatures ;)

And thanks :)