Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

This little beauty....

humysa7u.jpg

Technics SX-EX30

I'll be knocking out 80's ballads by the weekend :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2013/apr/26/james-rhodes-blog-find-what-you-love

One for CT and the other dreamers out there. ;)

(My gym/pool membership is less than half that, so I don't feel too hypocritical for sharing...)

Thinking of buying this.

81zMmRIBxeL._SL1500_.jpg

Never used one of them...the ariel always put me off...I got this instead...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Rechargeable-Personal-Digital-Radio/dp/B005J3PLXE/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1372840843&sr=8-35&keywords=dab+radio

similar price, reckon the readout on the Roberts is better mind..you going to be using it like an ipod or is it for sitting on the desk at work?..

Not sure I see the point in a dab radio anymore when your phone can stream basically any channel?

Going the way of the Sat-nav, surely?

££££££££££££££ data?... "all you can eat" tarriff sorts that but not everyones got one...

Power!

How long could you stream/browse before the battery started getting low?

Maybe Tooj justs wants a canny little DAB radio for listening while he's in soaking in the bath? (He's got a bad back hasn't he?)

I'm probably going to be using it for both purposes tbh as I do listen to quite a bit of radio these days.

You going to take it to the match and listen to the scores come in.

Not sure I see the point in a dab radio anymore when your phone can stream basically any channel?

Going the way of the Sat-nav, surely?

I don't have unlimited data on my contract though and I'm out and about quite a bit and can listen to the radio on my way into and from work. Then I can also listen to a bit of Radio Six at my desk as well as things such as Test Match Special when the cricket's on. :up:

Never used one of them...the ariel always put me off...I got this instead...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pure-Rechargeable-Personal-Digital-Radio/dp/B005J3PLXE/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1372840843&sr=8-35&keywords=dab+radio

similar price, reckon the readout on the Roberts is better mind..you going to be using it like an ipod or is it for sitting on the desk at work?..

That looks canny actually, I might end up with that one. Cheers PL.

• 2 weeks later...

A new duvet- one that wasn't 15tog and full of goose feathers. Maybe I'll actually sleep tonight.

I've also bought..

A paddling pool

A tennis set

A space hopper

and a bottle of Chardonnay :)