Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I was reflecting on the fact i didnt have enough Beatles in my vinyl collection recently so i got this (alongside some John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Gil Scott Heron and Joy Division)

http://www.discogs.com/Beatles-1962-1966/release/936664

Have recently dusted down my Technics 1210 and managed to fix an audio issue (i needed to clean the contacts in the tone arm with alcohol!). So i've been buying quite a few classic albums on vinyl. The reaction of the kids is fascinating to watching it spin and play music.

I just tried to spend £24 credit I have with a company, credit they have been advising me of with a statement every month since April. They've asked me to state what I bought from them 8 months ago so that they could fill in a form to send up to accounts so that the money could be credited back to my bank account so I could then spend the credit. :lol::spaz:

Are they any good then?

I like it. I've got Kodi on it so I can watch the live sports when the telly is taken up and I'm using to watch stuff in bed through Genesis and it's doing that job well. I don't have a Prime account or anything but it's not like you need it since it lets you install apk files that aren't available through their own store so I'm basically using it like any other Android tablet. You get a certain amount of games free with buying it, if you're into that and the Kindle integration works well if you have one of those. I can't grumble, not for 50 quid. Or 35.

Got one for me mam as well. Awful compared to other tablets ten times the price, obviously, but for the one email a week she sends and her monthly website visit to check her bank balance it's spot on.

Aye, all she does is look at clothes sites and share photos like a fuckwit on Facebook. If you're doing owt strenuous, I can imagine it suffers. I don't know what that is though.

Aye, I was just messing about.

If I don't like those shoes when they come I can sell them on for a small profit I reckon anyway. Hoping for more yellowy than gold.