Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Was surprised it was listed as Wideopen rather North Gosforth actually.

Re: Wideopen @@Gemmill, it's fine. Spent loads of time there in my youth with mates from there as our school and Wideopen middle both fed into the same high school. It's largely irrelevant though as it strikes me as the sort of place where not many people shop lercally etc. and everyone goes everywhere by car. Which should suit you, sir ;)

Aye that's the impression I got. I'll either be driving straight home or out of the estate and out of Wideopen. Cheers though, good to hear I'm not gonna have to become the local Equaliser.

I think you have a problem mate.

A lovely lovely problem.

This arrived from Amazon yesterday, always wondered about these and whether they were any good, quite like it so far.

VOAP2CR.JPG

Though my enjoyment was tempered by the realisation that a new stand I have is not nitro finish friendly and there are now 2 patches of paint stripped off the bottom of my les paul :yucky:

It's an ES-339 Pro, the coil splitting option really sold it to me.

Unlucky with the Les Paul, it's never happened with mine and I've had it 11 years! They look better a bit knackered anyway.

Never tried those mini amp things but they do look fun :up:

I have the same amplug and they are surprisingly good. I've never quite managed to get the right balance with the volume when using the line in and playing along with a track but the overdriven tone isn't bad when you consider its just a simple headphone practice amp. It could do with a lead extension and a clip so you could attach it to your strap. It seems to hang out of the bottom of my Les Paul. It's marginally better in my strat given the position of the jack socket.

Got a gorilla guitar stand for Christmas. It's foam covered at the base and the neck areas so hopefully no paint issues on the horizon. As my eldest has started playing the trumpet at school, it made it surprisingly easy to convince Mrs Paws that the dining room should double up as a music room.

Love the new guitar Tom. Does the coil splitting option give you single coil and both coils but out of phase etc?

Cheers :up:

It's quite a lot different to anything I've had before so I'm really enjoying the sound. Wasn't great through my Orange amp but I've been playing it all day through my Fender!

Mad all round quality for a Chinese made guitar!

Probably not worth the money now if audio quality is your only concern. As they are discontinued i think they retail for around 700 notes in the UK. Over a 1000 euros for one over here. The quality edge of the Technics 1200 range was the direct drive (aligned to industry standards for cutting vinyl in the 70s) and reliability in the face of mistreatment. There are some who believe that the specifications of the technics allowed for better club acoustics as this did not really require super hi-fidelity sound, some who think the sound is under-rated and some who think they are superior to e.g. Rega and Linn models at the same price.

If you want to be really cool, get a soundwagon.

the mrs has been on at me to flog mine and chuck my records out for years. she can fuck right off. i always think of this daily mash piece whenever she brings it up

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/man-with-mortgage-and-kid-unable-to-throw-out-rave-tapes-2015041497339

Edited by Dr Gloom