Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Do I look like a pinball wizard?

No, well it is but not in the scaled down, not real model of one, the boss wishes it was.

I'm not looking forward to her reaction when I bring the R1100s Beemer home as well

A Triumph, nice.

The Sport Classic, if you can find/afford another low mileage one are a decent investment and look like they are going to not just hold their value but increase over the next 10 years.

The Monster I bought only has 11000km on it but as I use a bike as my main mode of commuting these days (VTR1000), I'd rather leave something like the Honda or a Beemer on the street as there is a greater chance it will be there when I return.

Keeping the Ducati for ride days and trips away.

Edit: What was wrong with the Commando btw?

Edited by sammynb

Nah I reckon sport classics have peaked. 2 years ago they were they only modern retro you could buy. Now every fuckers doing them. Triumph are realising 5 of them this year alone, BMW have 3 now, Ducati have the scrambler and are bringing out another later this year.

I sold mine to a dealer and it sold within a week. He bought 3 more hoping to turn a profit and he can't shift any of them 6 months later :lol:

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Probably not worth the money now if audio quality is your only concern. As they are discontinued i think they retail for around 700 notes in the UK. Over a 1000 euros for one over here. The quality edge of the Technics 1200 range was the direct drive (aligned to industry standards for cutting vinyl in the 70s) and reliability in the face of mistreatment. There are some who believe that the specifications of the technics allowed for better club acoustics as this did not really require super hi-fidelity sound, some who think the sound is under-rated and some who think they are superior to e.g. Rega and Linn models at the same price.

If you want to be really cool, get a soundwagon.

as close to the 1200 i can find, im going to get this after doing loads of research for a few weeks

http://www.johnlewis.com/audio-technica-at-lp120-usb-turntable/p2025545?sku=234514390&kpid=234514390&s_kenid=76a47557-f0ba-4a98-b5b6-e8a005544245&s_kwcid=402x346692&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

Possibly. They were never sold in big numbers here so maybe there is a difference in the market.

I'm also thinking about long term.

So the Commando???

Commando's battery wouldn't hold its charge. Tried to change it but the battery was under the tank and the boot holding the tank on was threaded so had to hacksaw it off. The bike kept getting false neutrals and had a very worrying rattle. It only had 3k on when I bought it to. Cost me £11k so I got rid as soon as I could

@@Idioteque

Ever tried this with your standard turn table?...might save you a ton...

http://www.audacityteam.org/

3HOU3STRGRP2_1_Large.jpg

3HOUCHAIGRP2_1_Large.jpg

5GLVTCHROUTB_1_Zoom.jpg

Cos the movers couldn't manoeuvre my old sofa into my new living room. <_<

(the bottom one looks like a different colour, but I'm getting it in the same colour as the other two)

Edited by Gemmill