Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

5GLVTCHROUTB_1_Zoom.jpg

Cos the movers couldn't manoeuvre my old sofa into my new living room. <_<

(the bottom one looks like a different colour, but I'm getting it in the same colour as the other two)

So looking at that armchair, let's get this straight. You've moved out the family house, decided to skip the middle aged city bachelor flat, skipped family house number 2, skipped the bungalow, and moved straight into an old peoples' home?

We need our resident soft furnishings expert to clarify whether or not this is, in fact, an armchair. :lol:

It doesn't appear to have a curved back, so I'm pitching tent in Renton "The Fenestrator"'s camp.

It pains me to say it, but I think Gemmill has made a pleasing choice.

The downside. It's analine leather so he really should rub it all over with protective cream and nurture it weekly. He won't.

It also stains very easy so when he has those wild, drink fuelled sex parties..... Oh wait. When he drops his popcorn he needs to be very careful.

However, it's super soft and he will think he's sitting on a marshmallow.

As for THAT chair. It looks a bit naff straight on, but side on it oozes Retro coolness.

c619d77f475c68ace2a7a4ea23412287.jpg

If I didn't know better, I'd have guessed I was looking through the keyhole of no other than...

e541062356caf1b7d042a9f70fb029b9.jpg

The downside. It's analine leather so he really should rub it all over with protective cream and nurture it weekly. He won't.

It also stains very easy so when he has those wild, drink fuelled sex parties..... Oh wait. When he drops his popcorn he needs to be very careful.

As for THAT chair. It looks a bit naff straight on, but side on it oozes Retro coolness.

c619d77f475c68ace2a7a4ea23412287.jpg

If I didn't know better, I'd have guessed I was looking through the keyhole of no other than...

e541062356caf1b7d042a9f70fb029b9.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty cool. Thanks for the review. The coolest thing was me choosing it within 5 minutes of entering the shop - real men don't ponder furniture decisions.

And you're right, I won't be treating the leather. Fuck that.

Well, if I got an endorsement of my window from CT, I would have been worried.

But anyway, that house has been sold now and the next generation of 20 something couple are enjoying the benefit of having a beautiful bespoke landing stained glass window to put smiles on their faces every morning.

So fuck you.

Just the thought of you sitting staring at the window and the thought actually forming in your head: "you know what would look great there? A stained glass window. But not just any stained glass window. This is gonna need my guidance to capture what I'm seeing in my mind's eye right now."

Then standing up out of your seat, as if someone jammed a hot poker up your khyber, and announcing to your lass: "I, Gordon Renton Ramsay, am going to design my first stained glass window, at the age of 26."

Check out the Sofa Whisperer :lol: