Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Cheers mate, speed triple is mine. Got a bairn here in 6 weeks and I know if it ever gets sold the money will be absorbed somewhere else so it's probably my last bike for a while

04A22F5B-6F58-463B-8760-835287C28D91_zps

The bonneville is my dads. It's got open exhausts on and rattles the street when it pulls off

E1979F6A-D8F5-430F-9716-D6F4E7C88922.png

Nice one - they're both really nice. My mate had a 1994 speed triple years ago, with the single headlight. Great bike but no comparison to the more recent versions like yours. Hold onto it!

You got a bike atm?

Nope - I've never actually owned a bike but I've come close a few times over the the last fifteen years or so (I'm 34 now). Closest I got was when I got outbid on a 1979 Kawasaki z900 on ebay about 5 years ago, and within a week the cash I'd set aside for it went on something else. In the end either unexpected expenses like that and/or earache from the missus, my mam and her mam have ended up knacking my plans. Now I'm engaged and saving for a house, it doesn't seem likely in the foreseeable future! One day...

Bought a programme from my first NUFC game, (1983 v Shrewsbury), a 75-77 home shirt with a red number nine stitched on, a cheapish 84 retro NUFC jacket and a toffs ringer #10 Baggio Italia shirt,(94WC style). Also got a Sony Bluetooth player. I'm now away to lie down after spending some money on myself.

Went to Bicester Village last week. Unbelievable savings. Got a le coste hoodie for £50. And at the Paul Smith shop, I got two shirts, a hoodie, two pairs of jeans, two t shirts and four pairs of socks for £250 total - that would have been double that at least on the high street.

When I went there was massive lines of Asian tourist waiting to get in some places. Like an hour wait to get into them.

It's also like IKEA in that every time me and our lass go we have a row, 2 for 2 at Bicester. 5000 for 5000 at IKEA.

Went to Bicester Village last week. Unbelievable savings. Got a le coste hoodie for £50. And at the Paul Smith shop, I got two shirts, a hoodie, two pairs of jeans, two t shirts and four pairs of socks for £250 total - that would have been double that at least on the high street.

Is Le Coste like a market stall version of Lacoste ;) ?