Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Insurance is costing me £70 per month in my first year of driving, but I leased a C1 which is tax free & rocks 100 mile per gallon on the motorway.

And for a first car it looks canny TBH. :alex:

A to B is all that matters. If you're driving a car to be seen in it, you've got 99 problems of which listening to Cypress Hill is but one.

You're not wrong but it's easier to see that and learn from it the older you get. Our New Years resolution is to try and cut down on the £1000s a year we waste on complete shite we don't need

That said, you spend 99% of your life in your house, car or at work so it's worth making sure all 3 are enjoyable!

You're not wrong but it's easier to see that and learn from it the older you get. Our New Years resolution is to try and cut down on the £1000s a year we waste on complete shite we don't need

That said, you spend 99% of your life in your house, car or at work so it's worth making sure all 3 are enjoyable!

My Christmas present to the J69 household:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com

Cheers. I see he's got a leaf. I saved a fortune when I had mine but I gave it up because the charging points were all full of PHEVs. It's getting to the point where hybrids should be banned from public charging spots so pure electric cars can actually get a charge. Those bastards just chug off in their 2l diesel when the electric runs out after 15mins

A to B is all that matters. If you're driving a car to be seen in it, you've got 99 problems of which listening to Cypress Hill is but one.

Beige, polyester cardigans keep you warm too

My Christmas present to the J69 household:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com

"Are cable TV and Starbucks worth having two income earners each work an extra eight years for???"

:lol:

There isn't a day goes by I don't look at people at work on less than me who buy 2 x £2+ coffees a day and wonder what makes them value a drink at over £1000 of their take home pay.

Barn pots.

"Are cable TV and Starbucks worth having two income earners each work an extra eight years for???"

[emoji38]

There isn't a day goes by I don't look at people at work on less than me who buy 2 x £2+ coffees a day and wonder what makes them value a drink at over £1000 of their take home pay.

Barn pots.

[emoji38] Aye. I've been guilty of it all but my shit is on lockdown now. I don't want to be in the workplace a minute longer than is absolutely necessary.

jlcollinsnh.com is of a similar ilk but less smug and more educational.

Well at least you're a self-aware tight cunt. Sounds miserable as fuck mind

I'm not tight at all. I buy a few Cullercoats coffees a week and am on my 3rd carry out of the weekend tonight. I'm the first to buy a round and make sure I only leave after getting another round in.

£80 a month on coffee is beyond profligate though. Anyone doing that while mortgaged up wants shooting.

Lad I worked with used to come in with a Starbucks every day, buy his lunch from Pret/Eat or the like every day and he'd more often than not pop to the snack machine for a Twix or whatever. Nigh on a tenner a day on food, or £200 a month spent on pretty bang average food and drink. He wasn't exactly raking it in either. 

A lad here is the other extreme!  He brings a wrap in for lunch.  That's it, just a wrap.  No filling or anything.

Every Friday they do a bacon sarnie round he never gets one.

Every Christmas, the gaffers pay for the Sarnies, he gets one.

A lad here is the other extreme!  He brings a wrap in for lunch.  That's it, just a wrap.  No filling or anything.

Every Friday they do a bacon sarnie round he never gets one.

Every Christmas, the gaffers pay for the Sarnies, he gets one.

Maximum respect for his bad self.