Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

:lol:

WTF serious?

Aye. This was about 10 years ago but I used to work in town and a lass in the office used to regularly get one and it was just a salad. Even she agreed the name was beyond poncey.

I pay for lunch and coffee every day. Fuck eating a packed lunch man. Life's too short to be wasting time making sandwiches which will be soggy by the time you eat them. Happy to pay for the convenience

I pay for lunch and coffee every day. Fuck eating a packed lunch man. Life's too short to be wasting time making sandwiches which will be soggy by the time you eat them. Happy to pay for the convenience

Fucking 'bait', man!

'Packed lunch'. :lol:

[emoji38] I'm unclear whether it's me or HF that should be signing off on people's lunch choices.

HF, do you want to do a job share?

:lol:

You do the bait, I'll do the drink.

Now, who's buying their booze anywhere but Aldi?  Didn't someone mention Waitrose ffs?*

*EDIT: strictly speaking, outside of special occasions no-one should be drinking owt but tap water obviously.  I splash out on a bottle of cordial every few months to flavour mine.

Do you not even have Ocado up north these days? I can't remember the last time I bothered doing a weekly shop at a physical supermarket. Fuck that

I quite like it. Chance for a bit of peace tbh. I can't get me head round it when you see couples doing the weekly shop with about 3 kids in tow. Talk about creating stressful situations for no good reason.

Throw some leftovers in a tupperware box  the night before, reheat it at work; Robert's your mother's brother.

One of the only things I miss from my stint as a cabbie was knocking off at 3am and going to the 24hr supermarket to shop in peace.

Was another thing being a fat, opinionated mess?

I quite like it. Chance for a bit of peace tbh. I can't get me head round it when you see couples doing the weekly shop with about 3 kids in tow. Talk about creating stressful situations for no good reason.

Just awful. We've pretty much exclusively done the weekly shop online since having kids.

Nah, just got a wealthy mrs. Not that that makes much of a difference to how I see money. I've always been frivolous with it, even when I didn't have much.

The whole argument about having a comfortable retirement I sort of get, but I've never really been one for worrying about tomorrow. And I'd rather enjoy myself now when I'm young ish than when I'm old and wrinkly, when I think I'll just be happy if I'm not pissing my pants and talking to the radiator

Edited by Dr Gloom