Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

15 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just got an Amazon Echo as part of their Prime Day sales. It's happened, I'm allowing the robots to control my life

Once you get the right "skills" and accessories it's tip top. The Phillips Hue bulbs are the next thing for me, then one of the alexa compatible doorbell/camera things, then locks, entertainment stuff will wait until after Christmas, I reckon.

Teach it routines and all that :good:

On 7/18/2018 at 07:47, Gemmill said:

:lol: Oh Dave.

"Alexa. Set lights to..........bravado."

:lol:

You own a roomba, so you can stick that right up your flux capacitor.

Bloke at work has a "Smart Kettle" that won't boil dry and will heat the water to the specific temperature for the beverage you're after. Apparently he say's good morning to the Echo and it gives him the weather, the headlines, boils the kettle and then plays the radio for him. :omgwank:

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

:lol:

You own a roomba, so you can stick that right up your flux capacitor.

Bloke at work has a "Smart Kettle" that won't boil dry and will heat the water to the specific temperature for the beverage you're after. Apparently he say's good morning to the Echo and it gives him the weather, the headlines, boils the kettle and then plays the radio for him. :omgwank:

I take it it wanks him off as well? 

On 7/18/2018 at 07:23, The Fish said:

Once you get the right "skills" and accessories it's tip top. The Phillips Hue bulbs are the next thing for me, then one of the alexa compatible doorbell/camera things, then locks, entertainment stuff will wait until after Christmas, I reckon.

Teach it routines and all that :good:

You will be the first one dead when skynet takes over 

I got tickets to see John Carpenter in concert playing all of his film scores. As big trouble in little China is one of my favourite films I've paid extra to get a picture with him and a couple of posters signed :blush:

IMG_20180720_104042_zps5jsqda4y.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve just never understood macs. Then again I’m the least creative person you could meet.

In all honesty I'm not grumbling at £800 for the spec.

I could be wrong like...

• 1 month later...

i'm having a party for 40th in a few weeks in a local late night boozer (calm down, none of you are invited) and after dusting down my record collection to play a few tunes on the night, i felt inspired to buy some new (old) tunes. just went to berwick street in soho for the first time in about a decade and chalked up the best of the beastie boys, the best of the cure and the best of notorious BIG, as well as keep it unreal by scruff and hey ya by outkast on vinyl. that place has changed mind, fuck me. dunno if any of yous are familiar with the area but gentrification has sucked away its soul and robbed it of all of its quirky and seedy charm. like lots of london now, it feels sterile and uniform. blackmarket and selecta disc are both long gone and i couldn't even spot any rub and tug massage parlours. luckily, sister ray and reckless records are still keeping it real. fuck knows how they afford the soho rents these days. 

:lol:  i haven't had a black out since early summer, so it's probably time for a relapse. not sure djing is the smartest move tbh. i've just to hope everyone else will be just as shitfaced as i'm likely to be so they fail notice any train wreck mixing