Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

On 18/10/2018 at 16:14, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just start DJing and then, as you get half cut, switch to a Spotify radio station and let that do the work.

An MC mate of mine once spilt an entire pint of Stella over one deck when I was playing out once rendering it unplayable the rest of the evening. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as that 

I’ve got mates who were in bands, mates who are performance artists, mates who are are gay, mates who are drag queens, mates who are trans. 

If one of my mates described himself as an MC it would be the end of our friendship.

• Haha 3

On 19/10/2018 at 21:09, strawb said:

I’ve got mates who were in bands, mates who are performance artists, mates who are are gay, mates who are drag queens, mates who are trans. 

If one of my mates described himself as an MC it would be the end of our friendship.

It’s a jungle ting brederin 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

219PFTEE108MW-L-Pink%20Floyd-.jpg

I dig this so had to buy it as I've been on a Floyd marathon which has lasted about a month. 

Also the Mac I bought is pretty awesome for music editing is very, very simple. Shame it doesn't come with talent ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Man it's been well over 10 years since I went boarding.  Wife Ski's but we have never been together!

this is the first time since my first kid that the wife and I will both have a ski pass, we've had a parent pass for the last 5 years, looking forward to skiing with my wife again.

On 20/11/2018 at 16:19, Tom said:

219PFTEE108MW-L-Pink%20Floyd-.jpg

I dig this so had to buy it as I've been on a Floyd marathon which has lasted about a month. 

Also the Mac I bought is pretty awesome for music editing is very, very simple. Shame it doesn't come with talent ;) 

nice t shirt that 

just bought 3 echo dots other day as they were cheap on amazon sale. Giving two to the kids for a xmas thing and hooking the other up in living room to go with one we had in kitchen. 

they are canny useless like, apart from setting reminders when the wife’s left me in charge of something in the oven :icon_lol: but may as well make use of the music through my prime membership and they’re cheap just now

Edited by zerosum

2 hours ago, zerosum said:

just bought 3 echo dots other day as they were cheap on amazon sale. Giving two to the kids for a xmas thing and hooking the other up in living room to go with one we had in kitchen. 

they are canny useless like, apart from setting reminders when the wife’s left me in charge of something in the oven :icon_lol: but may as well make use of the music through my prime membership and they’re cheap just now

I got one free when I got a hive thermostat installed recently. Selling the echo as it's useless and doesn't appear to work despite setting up as instructed. (To be fair, even if it worked I couldn't see much use for it).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I know a few people who go on like the Echo has changed their lives. Yet are very short on detail when asked what they use it for.

haha yeah.. stopping a burnt chicken and the kids saying alexa make whale noises is about all we’ve used it for ..

oh and my son bought a smart plug and switches a lamp on and off sometimes.  Great eh? :razz:

Edited by zerosum

2 hours ago, zerosum said:

haha yeah.. stopping a burnt chicken and the kids saying alexa make whale noises is about all we’ve used it for ..

oh and my son bought a smart plug and switches a lamp on and off sometimes.  Great eh? :razz:

:D

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Am I the only person alive that uses his as a speaker?

Its the main use I get from mine, they've got a surprising amount of punch for their size and cost tbh. hooked up to spotify on my phone and its miles better than a portable bluetooth speaker or whatever.