Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

10 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

In fairness, Andy Cameron did also sing

“And we’ll really shake them up,

When we win the World Cup,

‘Cos Scotland is the greatest football team”

No mention in there of getting pumped by Peru, or drawing with Iran!

At least, in ‘98, Del Amitri had the decency to plead with them “Don’t come home too soon”

Care to explain why, in what is widely considered to be part of English football’s golden age, they not only failed to qualify for Argentina 78 but also West Germany 74? :cuppa:

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Care to explain why, in what is widely considered to be part of English football’s golden age, they not only failed to qualify for Argentina 78 but also West Germany 74? :cuppa:

Because England have pretty much been overrated and mismanaged my entire life. I’m not a a big England fan due to guff it invariably involves. 

I don’t mind Scotland. However, my best pal is a massive Scotland fan so I do reserve the right to have a good old chuckle at them once in a while. Let’s be honest, Scotland have been pretty much tragic for 20 years.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Managers who were too much in love with overrated cockney/southern team's players and also those of Liverpool who didn't perform for England.

David Johnson and Paul fucking Mariner being picked instead of Supermac being a case in point.

• Like 2

I went to uni in Scotland, I was watching England play in the union (must have been euro 2002?) there was a few England fans and that was it, the rest were from Scotland and it was pretty chilled out.

In walks a Scottish lad in his Scotland top and starts supporting whoever we were playing (Argentina?), shouting at the England fans trying to wind them up, daft cunts never even qualified.

I love Scotland, but little man syndrome was alive and well that day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Because England have pretty much been overrated and mismanaged my entire life. I’m not a a big England fan due to guff it invariably involves. 

I don’t mind Scotland. However, my best pal is a massive Scotland fan so I do reserve the right to have a good old chuckle at them once in a while. Let’s be honest, Scotland have been pretty much tragic for 20 years.

Spoiler: I was born in England, the Scotland thing is from my old man. I like supporting England too, just not so much :D

Argentina is the first World Cup I remember. I fuckin loved that side as a nipper Two of them went on to manage us, with err “mixed” results. 

29 minutes ago, NJS said:

Managers who were too much in love with overrated cockney/southern team's players and also those of Liverpool who didn't perform for England.

David Johnson and Paul fucking Mariner being picked instead of Supermac being a case in point.

Revie was basically a crook, Greenwood an FA yes man. Both should’ve pissed qualification. 

24 minutes ago, strawb said:

I went to uni in Scotland, I was watching England play in the union (must have been euro 2002?) there was a few England fans and that was it, the rest were from Scotland and it was pretty chilled out.

In walks a Scottish lad in his Scotland top and starts supporting whoever we were playing (Argentina?), shouting at the England fans trying to wind them up, daft cunts never even qualified.

I love Scotland, but little man syndrome was alive and well that day

Aye it’s pathetic like. Some Scots are only defined by their ridiculous hatred of their neighbours. I’ll not be wearing my new shirt for much apart from gardening, I’d never wear it down the pub etc. 

Edited by PaddockLad

13 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Spoiler: I was born in England, the Scotland thing is from my old man. I like supporting England too, just not so much :D

Argentina is the first World Cup I remember. I fuckin loved that side as a nipper Two of them went on to manage us, with err “mixed” results. 

Revie was basically a crook, Greenwood an FA yes man. Both should’ve pissed qualification. 

Aye it’s pathetic like. Some Scots are only defined by their ridiculous hatred of their neighbours. I’ll not be wearing my new shirt for much apart from gardening, I’d never wear it down the pub etc. 

In fairness, it’s a really nice top.

I find as you eat them the whole gets bigger too. So if you think about it you barely get any mint at all.

Very clever Polo, very clever.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wait, did they call a range of their cars "golf" because they "drive"?!! Someone please collect my mind from the four corners of the Earth.

:D

Golf- A good walk ruined. 

On 27/04/2019 at 09:15, PaddockLad said:

Not bought a football strip in about 20 years. 

Not bought a Scotlamd strip since 1990

:)

79F8032B-B74D-404C-B711-4CC712D9AD84.png

I bought an adidas 1982 Northern Ireland shirt from them when they had an offer on. Was lush, a great fit everywhere but the sleeves which were tight as fuck and rode up my arm. Once had another snide adidas effort I also got cheap which had exactly the same fault. (West Germany 1986). Both sold on. That looks great too but you can tell the sleeves are shit just from that pic. Shame as they get everything else right.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I bought an adidas 1982 Northern Ireland shirt from them when they had an offer on. Was lush, a great fit everywhere but the sleeves which were tight as fuck and rode up my arm. Once had another snide adidas effort I also got cheap which had exactly the same fault. (West Germany 1986). Both sold on. That looks great too but you can tell the sleeves are shit just from that pic. Shame as they get everything else right.

"I've got massive biceps" stealth boast. Pathetic.

Don't hit me HMHM. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

"I've got massive biceps" stealth boast. Pathetic.

Don't hit me HMHM. 

More like two pipe cleaners with a knot in them. /Stevie

:D

• 2 months later...