Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 19:18, PaddockLad said:

Remember the cunt well....was he a massive drug cheat too?? 😬

IMG_20200613_183249~3.jpg

Lemond, nah, he was full of lead shot, after his brother in law nearly killed him.

those trainers are bloody noisy.

Unfortunately the hoverboard doesn’t have the range to get me to work and back so I just got one of these for when I start the commute back to work.

I’m fucked if I’m getting on a bus, tube or train anytime soon.

A8CB4CD4-9310-46D7-82B5-0C7EC2618D62.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Unfortunately the hoverboard doesn’t have the range to get me to work and back so I just got one of these for when I start the commute back to work.

Hey, just your periodic reminder that you're a grown fucking man.

• Haha 1

I’ve seen a bloke going to the ministry at Longbenton of one of those before. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry 

36 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye, right you are Nathan Barley, that’s the reason ;) 

look, dickheads - it's environmentally friendly, doesn't contribute to air pollution, gets from me to work more quickly than public transport and means i don't have to get on the corona carriages with all the other chumps.

all the advantages of cycling, while removing the need to shower on arrival at work, or wear lycra. 

i'm blazing a trail - you'll all be riding them when we enter year 3 of the pandemic. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

look, dickheads - it's environmentally friendly, doesn't contribute to air pollution, gets from me to work more quickly than public transport and means i don't have to get on the corona carriages with all the other chumps.

all the advantages of cycling, while removing the need to shower on arrival at work, or wear lycra. 

i'm blazing a trail - you'll all be riding them when we enter year 3 of the pandemic. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13744326

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What's your commute distance? 

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Isn’t it illegal to use them on public roads, pavements and cycle lanes? I think the police just turn a blind eye in London though as loads of people seem to have them. 

1 minute ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Isn’t it illegal to use them on public roads, pavements and cycle lanes? I think the police just turn a blind eye in London though as loads of people seem to have them. 

yes, it is but like you say, loads of people use them so the police tend to turn the other way.

trials are being fast tracked so it's just a matter of time until they're omnipresent 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/09/uk-to-invest-cycle-lanes-coronavirus-air-pollution