Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

about 5-6 miles 

Similar to mine, maybe a bit less. Let me know how it goes, I'm happy driving at the minute, but if I lose my parking space I'm not happy using public transport. I suspect that distance is a big too far mind, especially in winter.

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Similar to mine, maybe a bit less. Let me know how it goes, I'm happy driving at the minute, but if I lose my parking space I'm not happy using public transport. I suspect that distance is a big too far mind, especially in winter.

:lol: What is this? Have you got one too? You're older than me ffs! 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: What is this? Have you got one too? You're older than me ffs! 

I was thinking more of an electric bike tbh, almost certainly will come to nowt like. 

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

When they came up with that character, do you think they were aware of what Blart meant over here? 

I always hoped there was a really junior British bloke on the writing staff that suggested it and has been laughing his cock off ever since. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

"5 Miles on an Electric Scooter" sounds like a twee novel about fuck all that The Guardian would give 5 stars

Two miles in and i have to swerve quickly to avoid being hit by a HGV. Furious, I almost throw my flat white at the aggressive lorry driver but think of better of it when it dawns on me I would have to retrieve my keep cup from oncoming traffic. Undeterred, I continue, dreaming of my morning kale smoothie 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Plus you’d be the biggest bell-end on the Coast Road 

they are really no more dangerous than push bikes, so i don't see why that should be the case. there has been one escooter death in the UK to date, i think.

their speed is limited to about 15mph. i have had a go on one and the thing i noticed was how much faster the racer bikes are - the lycra twats fly past you. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

52 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Someone riding through traffic in a full suit is like something you’d see on a Japanese hidden camera show.

Sayonara, bitches :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

there has been one escooter death in the UK to date, i think.

Imagine being that guy :lol: 

“he died in an escooter crash”

”officer...what the fuck is an escooter!?”

• Haha 1