Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Is it literally Space Invaders? Think I'd prefer Moon Cresta, Phoenix, or even Galaxians, but I do like the tables, gives some functionality. Used to be one in the Trent once. 

Aye, but you can pick up 60-1 game boards for £30 these days that have all these games on

0959305E-ED55-42CE-876C-1507CCB9229C.jpeg

• Like 1

Some class games there. I like the fact you can just play these for 15 minutes or so rather than have to invest the time to play a full modern game, which is pretty impossible with a young family and job. 

When I was about 13 I bought a book on how to beat Pac man. Memorised all the paths for the mazes, got pretty proficient playing it in the Spanish city. Got to the 7th key once (the 9th key is the last level), surrounded by a crowd. At that level the energisers don't even work. More than 35 years later I can still remember the exact  paths but no longer have the dexterity to use them. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Some class games there. I like the fact you can just play these for 15 minutes or so rather than have to invest the time to play a full modern game, which is pretty impossible with a young family and job. 

When I was about 13 I bought a book on how to beat Pac man. Memorised all the paths for the mazes, got pretty proficient playing it in the Spanish city. Got to the 7th key once (the 9th key is the last level), surrounded by a crowd. At that level the energisers don't even work. More than 35 years later I can still remember the exact  paths but no longer have the dexterity to use them. 🤷‍♂️

Still though, something to tell the grandkids.

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

Lockdown 2021. No better time to beat the game and exercise your demons!

BF29CD25-8186-409E-8780-46B7EA91F69D.png

4 hours ago, Renton said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

In trying to arrive at a name for the new dog, I've discovered that there's a kid in my nephew's year at school whose first name is Stallone. :lol:

Fop?

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What breed?

Cavapoo. Without the complication of cats, I'd have gone for a border terrier or lakeland, but I'm not gonna try and pair them with two cats. So a cuddly Teddy Bear dog it is. 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Ankle biter, my problem with ours is ankle bashing (he likes sticks)

AF1B7D57-08CA-4A04-8FCC-FAD9D02553E5.jpeg

Mind, walking him would be a bloody good way of making sure people keep their 2 metres :lol:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Mind, walking him would be a bloody good way of making sure people keep their 2 metres :lol:

You'd think so, but he gathers amused crowds especially when he drops the fucking things at my feet to be chucked  !!! (who then have to hop/skip out of the way)

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

My son was like this- until about a year or so ago, every time we went anywhere, there’d be an armful of sticks coming back/ which were then added to his “collection”. 

TLDR: My son is a mutt. 

It's actually quite scary how fucking strong dogs are, I need both hands just to pick up some of the one's he quite nonchalantly trots about with