Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

I can't even hang a painting, hasn't stopped me buying some absolute wrecks, culminating in my present house. It can make sense though, financially, if you budget in the cost of professional renovation. But things inevitably will go over budget and you shouldn't ignore the stress and inconvenience. Very hard to get hold of good tradesmen at the moment too. These property programs like homes under the hammer wind me up with their renovations, usually 3 or 4 times less than it would cost the average Joe. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

These property programs like homes under the hammer wind me up with their renovations, usually 3 or 4 times less than it would cost the average Joe. 

Not that I'm telling anyone what they don't already know but all the reno shows I've worked on nothing is as it seems and a lot require so much work after the contestants have finished that the actual costs can blow out enormously.

We've just moved back into our's after being out for 6 months for renos thank fuck.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Delete the last page. They've chosen another offer 💩

Now got to decide whether we blow out our buyers, move further afield, rent temporarily...

Ah shite, sorry to hear that. Think how much the daft cunt that got it must be overpaying by though. You wouldn't catch you overpaying for a house. 

• Haha 3

Speaking of house shows, that bald Tory cunt from Location x3 is currently picking up wedge for doing Wickes ads, where he repeats the made-up word “housebarrasment” ad nauseum. 

I hope a wall falls on him. 

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of house shows, that bald Tory cunt from Location x3 is currently picking up wedge for doing Wickes ads, where he repeats the made-up word “housebarrasment” ad nauseum. 

Brilliantly tone-deaf, isn't it? "There's an unprecedented global pandemic on, but never mind that, best splash a few grand on a new kitchen so your colleagues don't judge you on your Zoom chats!"

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

sorry to hear that. it's a highly stressful situation. we just moved to a house i hope to die in because i'm fucked if i'm moving again

Like you’ve got any say on the matter. Didn’t you just move for the last time about 4 years ago? ;) 

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Brilliantly tone-deaf, isn't it? "There's an unprecedented global pandemic on, but never mind that, best splash a few grand on a new kitchen so your colleagues don't judge you on your Zoom chats!"

You should judge them on the basis of their internet connection according to that other appalling ad 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

no, i lived in my last house for 10 years. 

I remember you going on about the size of your mortgage but fuck me - ten years ago? Jesus! Mind, I thought we’d been here 3 years before my lass reminded me it was 5 past November. The bit about you having any say still stands though 😛

Just now, Alex said:

I remember you going on about the size of your mortgage but fuck me - ten years ago? Jesus! Mind, I thought we’d been here 3 years before my lass reminded me it was 5 past November. The bit about you having any say still stands though 😛

the years start flying by after you have kids like - it's terrifying. we were happy in our old place but moved this time to be in the catchment for the local secondary school.

but you're not wrong. i do as i'm told - it's the secret to a happy marriage. if we have one more move in us, it'll be to somewhere more rural after the kids have both fucked off - so at least 15 years from now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The lass off that show is probably in my top 3 fantasy hate shags tbh

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

She’s nee Sarah Beeny 

Allsop? I wouldn't touch her with a shitty stick. There's hate shags and then there's hate shags, but shirley the object of the hate/shag has to be at least presentable?  not a fuckin six pinter. 

Beeney is a similar sort;  posh, opinionated and high tory.... she's also very, very sexy..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Phil fucking Spencer. I can't tell you how much I hate him and his copresenter pig in chief, "Kirstles". Apparently he's an avid hunter, just to add to his cuntishness.

PhilSpencerDeer_415.jpg

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is that a euphemism? 

I posted one of my favourite shite ( and a bit lacist) jokes somewhere on here the other day. 
Q: What do you call a Chinese Lass with a food processor on her head?

A:

4vet2x.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Phil fucking Spencer. I can't tell you how much I hate him and his copresenter pig in chief, "Kirstles". Apparently he's an avid hunter, just to add to his cuntishness.

PhilSpencerDeer_415.jpg

What a cunt- he’s not even housebarrassed about it. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sarah Beeny :spinwank:

“This double-fronted property is well-maintained but needs its back doors kicking in. “ :lol:

image.png.583c027ee4f197601de7942403209879.png

"i had no idea my knowledge of property development would attract so many viewers" 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the years start flying by after you have kids like - it's terrifying. we were happy in our old place but moved this time to be in the catchment for the local secondary school.

but you're not wrong. i do as i'm told - it's the secret to a happy marriage. if we have one more move in us, it'll be to somewhere more rural after the kids have both fucked off - so at least 15 years from now. 

We chose our area because of the primary school catchment area. Mrs wanted to choose one for the local secondary but I figured that, in a decade, the excellent schools might be shit holes and the shit holes might be excellent. Plus, once I teach him how to play as a false 10 he won't need schoolun'

• Haha 2