Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Phil fucking Spencer. I can't tell you how much I hate him and his copresenter pig in chief, "Kirstles". Apparently he's an avid hunter, just to add to his cuntishness.

PhilSpencerDeer_415.jpg

Didn’t know that. He’s an even bigger cunt than I thought he was 

Update for all those that don't care :lol: 

Had an offer accepted on a different house.

I hope to god the stamp duty holiday gets extended for those already in a chain come March 31st otherwise the Motorbike will be getting sold to fund it :sad:

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Update for all those that don't care :lol: 

After offering so much over the asking price for the last house, we were nearing the price bracket of other, more expensive houses we had previously discounted as out of reach. We did some maths, figured out what we could reasonably afford at a stretch and whacked in a bid on a more expensive house which was accepted.

I hope to god the stamp duty holiday gets extended for those already in a chain come March 31st otherwise the Motorbike will be getting sold to fund it :sad:

I'm having palpitations over the whole thing already

Good luck!

I went through the exactly the same experience just before Christmas. We borrowed as much as the bank would lend us to buy our new place when no deal Brexit was still very much in play, which estate agents reckoned would have wiped off 30% of what we paid for our place overnight. Brown trousers time basically.

If you plan to live there for 10+ years then stretching yourself is the right move. That’s what we keep telling ourselves anyway. We’re pretty fucked if either of us are made redundant though 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Good luck!

I went through the exactly the same experience just before Christmas. We borrowed as much as the bank would lend us to buy our new place when no deal Brexit was still very much in play, which estate agents reckoned would have wiped off 30% of what we paid for our place overnight. Brown trousers time basically.

If you plan to live there for 10+ years then stretching yourself is the right move. That’s what we keep telling ourselves anyway. We’re pretty fucked if either of us are made redundant though 

Same here. Plan is to live here until we retire. If either of us gets sacked then we would have to sell up, schitts creek style 

• 4 weeks later...

20210221_123606_compress87.thumb.jpg.511d6d14a0672039b10ae68b6b4dfeb8.jpg

THE FACE OF EVIL.

Was ready to enquire about the refund policy after night 1. Lay awake most of the night as he screamed the house down, lamenting the fact that I'd made a huge mistake and that I was right all along that cats are the best. Last night was much better. He's tiny, but fuck me he's loud. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He's just walked into his crate by himself and gone to sleep. Maybe he's not such a dickhead after all.

First time that's happened - it's always been us putting him in whiles he's asleep, and him loudly insisting that crates are for knobheads as soon as he woke up. 

Separation anxiety, never crated a dog, they all have slept in our room since day 1, early days that was in a big box with their blanket/bed.

Mind you it is one hell of a lot easier dealing with a pup when there's an older dog in the house - incredible how much an older dog trains the pup.

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Separation anxiety, never crated a dog, they all have slept in our room since day 1, early days that was in a big box with their blanket/bed.

Mind you it is one hell of a lot easier dealing with a pup when there's an older dog in the house - incredible how much an older dog trains the pup.

Aye my mam was saying the same. She's not up for the crate thing, thinks it's cruel and that. Honestly I haven't got a clue, I'm just doing what the trainer woman tells me. 

I tried crating when I got my dog, I think it’s all the rage at the moment but honestly she settled better when I got rid of it. She found somewhere she liked and moved her bed there and hardly cried at night after that.

She’s 5 now so middle aged for a bulldog really.

9DDDF940-3D55-4715-AEA8-E586635BB6F3.jpeg

Nah, crating works and gives them their own space to go to rather than floating around everywhere. Separation anxiety is standard. Some say the sound of a ticking clock or leaving a radio/TV on helps.

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye my mam was saying the same. She's not up for the crate thing, thinks it's cruel and that. Honestly I haven't got a clue, I'm just doing what the trainer woman tells me. 

We have a crate but that’s the dog’s safe space. She goes in and lies in it and runs for it when we bring her harness out(she hates her harness).

40 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Our first dog, black Lab, I created a removable drop down/slot in barrier at kitchen doorway to keep her there overnight, she howled the place down first few nights then as if by magic there was silence, we thought thank fuck for that she's settled. Came out of bedroom next morning and she was asleep on the landing curled up on some dirty laundry. :) After that she just came in with us, as has every dog since, and she had the decency until fully trained to go into the bathroom and do her toilet on the tiles.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Crate it, we had a crate with a run so our daschund still had a bit of freedom but house training it was a nightmare in the end took nearly two years to be accident free (tough breed for it to didn't help) 

Wish I'd not bothered with the run and locked her in it at night to try speed up that process,  ours didn't cry etc but stick with it def, if we get another dog ill 100% crate it. 

Sam loves her crate tbh but her breed burrows so she'll tunnel under the pillows and has a flap to block the light out. 

Was looking at prices to get us another pup since we're working from home non stop but they're  mental here, 3x the usual prices. 

Nice one cheers for the advice. We've done the same with adding like a pen around the crate, and same again, the little dick just wants to be in the pen instead. 

Prices have gone wild since lockdown. Hard to see them going back down either now people are used to asking and receiving these wild numbers. 

4 hours ago, strawb said:

I tried crating when I got my dog, I think it’s all the rage at the moment but honestly she settled better when I got rid of it. She found somewhere she liked and moved her bed there and hardly cried at night after that.

She’s 5 now so middle aged for a bulldog really.

9DDDF940-3D55-4715-AEA8-E586635BB6F3.jpeg

Absolute unit this lad