Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

On 26/02/2021 at 19:46, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think my sister paid £500 for him, I've just looked there and they're going for up to 2k. No wonder dognappings are up

2 grand to spend every day picking up dog shit? Fuck that. 

I can source the parts locally for a fraction of that. Call it £80 and ill build you one from scratch. 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

2 grand to spend every day picking up dog shit? Fuck that. 

I can source the parts locally for a fraction of that. Call it £80 and ill build you one from scratch. 

When i walk it I just imitate picking it up for the benefit of anyone nearby. If I actually did pick it up the resulting vomit would be messier than the shit.

On 27/02/2021 at 13:22, Alex said:

https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/nike-acg-air-nasu-laser-orange-clay-green-cw6020-001-300-release-date Got a clay green pair. I had been kidding myself they were to replace my moribund Timberlands for walking the dog but they’re too nice to trash doing that 

You have hereby lost the right to mock my taste in trainers :lol:

• Haha 1

On 26/02/2021 at 18:20, TheGingerQuiff said:

Shih tzu are the perfect breed mind. I look after my sisters now and then and he's a belter. And they don't shed so your house doesn't get minging.

The amount of miserable, beaten-down blokes I see walking one of those little fuckers is ridiculous. 

Those 'dogs' should only ever be walked by a hairdresser, or a trophy wife. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The amount of miserable, beaten-down blokes I see walking one of those little fuckers is ridiculous. 

Those 'dogs' should only ever be walked by a hairdresser, or a trophy wife. 

Nonsense. They're hardly a handbag dog. Get their coats shaved monthly and they're just a regular looking small dog, with a superb temperament.

I don't even get embarrassed walking him in his Christmas jumper, the festive little cunt.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Nonsense. They're hardly a handbag dog. Gey their coats shaved monthly and they're just a regular looking small dog, with a superb temperament.

So, best owned by someone competent at cutting hair then?

Cockapoo, Aussiedoodle, Poogle. Stupid names, great dogs.

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2016 at 12:46, Gemmill said:

Ring the garage and see if they'll give you the deposit back then get yourself a 1 litre Ford Focus like Toontastic's funniest poster-elect.

It appears this was bad advice and I'm now boastfully holding onto an appreciating asset. I did an autotrader valuation on the 350z a few months back... 6k. Did one last night 7.2k! I paid just over 8k nearly 5 years ago. It's basically like a car version of bitcoin. I'll entertain offers.

Cheaper than the £1200 we’ve just spent on a new front door, supplied and fitted by a couple of mates too.....well I a say a couple....the supplier did me a deal, because we used to be mates, the fitter is the only one that speaks to him now because of the business side of it. Hardly anybody has anything to do socially with the supplier nowadays . This is because the suppliers best mate from infant school discovered a while back that the supplier had been fucking his wife since before they got married. Anyway, as I Isay I got a good deal but it was still 1200 bastard quid ...

• Jaysus... 1

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Cheaper than the £1200 we’ve just spent on a new front door, supplied and fitted by a couple of mates too.....well I a say a couple....the supplier did me a deal, because we used to be mates, the fitter is the only one that speaks to him now because of the business side of it. Hardly anybody has anything to do socially with the supplier nowadays . This is because the suppliers best mate from infant school discovered a while back that the supplier had been fucking his wife since before they got married. Anyway, as I Isay I got a good deal but it was still 1200 bastard quid ...

Um, the supplier probably deserves everything he gets BUT the fitter's missus has obviously been happy to spread her legs for the supplier, before, during and after(?) her wedlock to the fitter?

Tell us he's not still being cuckolded?

£1200, sounds like it's a nice door, stain glass like Renton's?